Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

3 week Vietnam\ cambodia itineray?? help

• seaolon1

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2010

Help and suggestions needed for with 3 week Vietnam cambodia itineray. Myself and girlfriend are heading in a few weeks. Is this stretched, should i leave out one place to spend more time elsewhere

Tues - Arrive Hanoi
    Wed - Hanoi
    Thurs - Head to Halong bay spent one night on Boat
    Fri - Back in Hanoi
    Sat - Fly to Hue arrive 13:45 (or get train previous night)
    Sun - Hue
    Mon - Train to Hoi An
    Tues - Hoi An
    Wed - Hoi An
    Thurs - Fly to Nha Trang (or get train previous night)
    Fri - Nha Trang
    Sat - Nha Trang or Train Mui Ne
    Sun - Mui Ne
    Mon - Train Saigon
    Tue - Saigon
    Wed - saigon
    thurs - Bus to Phnom Penh
    Fri - Bus to Siem Reap (Angkor Wat)
    Sat - Siem Reap (Angkor Wat0
    Sun - Siem Reap (Angkor Wat
    Mon - Siem Reap (Angkor Wat)
    Tues - Fly to Hanoi..

#1 Posted: 29/7/2010 - 21:36

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Well it is possible to do so but you'll be travelling more then actually enjoying your holiday. I'd skip at least a few places to get more days to relax. I suggest to skip hue en mui ne and do the rest (mui ne is really quiet and there's nothing to do except for sand-sliding).

The other option is to skip Cambodia and only do Vietnam so you'll get a little bit out of all the stress of travelling.

I've done this trip(only the other way around) in about 3 months and that's well worth it!

conclusion: looks like a fine trip and it is possible but I'd skip some places and do them another time.

#2 Posted: 29/7/2010 - 22:15

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I agree with svendj - your itinerary is a little much for such a short trip. I'm a Hanoi lover, so my first reaction is that you have very little time there. You're also missing out on one of N. Vietnam's best spots - the Sapa area in the NW Highlands (very picturesque). I would skip Hue and Cambodia and spend less time in Saigon. When is your trip - it does make a difference in these answers.

#3 Posted: 30/7/2010 - 02:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Southern Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia itineray - Have you done it??? ... By avyanakos on 27 Jun 2008 3 2165 1 Jul 2008
Help With Travel Itineray- Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam ... By azfreed5 on 22 Oct 2007 0 1458 22 Oct 2007
Cambodia itineray advise ... By heytoki on 20 Mar 2014 6 1054 22 Mar 2014
1 week in Cambodia vs 3rd week in Northern Vietnam? ... By karuthless on 9 Jun 2011 5 2951 10 Jun 2011
help with itineray viet/sapa/laos/cambodia ... By kerrellsaines on 18 May 2008 0 3134 18 May 2008
Itineray help - 6 weeks Thailand/Cambodia with 2 children ... By Japtha on 9 Jan 2012 3 2240 11 Jan 2012
Week In Cambodia/Week in Vietnam ... By simonb9 on 17 Jan 2008 1 2434 17 Jan 2008