Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

3 week Vietnam\ cambodia itineray?? help

Posted by seaolon1 on 29/7/2010 at 21:36

Help and suggestions needed for with 3 week Vietnam cambodia itineray. Myself and girlfriend are heading in a few weeks. Is this stretched, should i leave out one place to spend more time elsewhere

Tues - Arrive Hanoi
Wed - Hanoi
Thurs - Head to Halong bay spent one night on Boat
Fri - Back in Hanoi
Sat - Fly to Hue arrive 13:45 (or get train previous night)
Sun - Hue
Mon - Train to Hoi An
Tues - Hoi An
Wed - Hoi An
Thurs - Fly to Nha Trang (or get train previous night)
Fri - Nha Trang
Sat - Nha Trang or Train Mui Ne
Sun - Mui Ne
Mon - Train Saigon
Tue - Saigon
Wed - saigon
thurs - Bus to Phnom Penh
Fri - Bus to Siem Reap (Angkor Wat)
Sat - Siem Reap (Angkor Wat0
Sun - Siem Reap (Angkor Wat
Mon - Siem Reap (Angkor Wat)
Tues - Fly to Hanoi..

#1 seaolon1 has been a member since 29/7/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by svendj on 29/7/2010 at 22:15

Well it is possible to do so but you'll be travelling more then actually enjoying your holiday. I'd skip at least a few places to get more days to relax. I suggest to skip hue en mui ne and do the rest (mui ne is really quiet and there's nothing to do except for sand-sliding).

The other option is to skip Cambodia and only do Vietnam so you'll get a little bit out of all the stress of travelling.

I've done this trip(only the other way around) in about 3 months and that's well worth it!

conclusion: looks like a fine trip and it is possible but I'd skip some places and do them another time.

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Where has svendj been? 

Posted by daawgon on 30/7/2010 at 02:01

I agree with svendj - your itinerary is a little much for such a short trip. I'm a Hanoi lover, so my first reaction is that you have very little time there. You're also missing out on one of N. Vietnam's best spots - the Sapa area in the NW Highlands (very picturesque). I would skip Hue and Cambodia and spend less time in Saigon. When is your trip - it does make a difference in these answers.

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,083

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.