Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Choices of different kinds of tours, feedback please

• TennisHaus

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

We are heading to Vietnam in two days, and I dont know which tours I want to do.
    1. We will do the Halong Bay tour with Vega travel. 2days here.
    2. What do people think of the Mai-Chau 1day excursion, (we cannot go to Sapa, because of time)?
    3. Does anyone have feedback on the Pafume Pagoda tour?
    4. Day 4 explore Ha Noi.
    Should we cut one of these out, because it is shite.

We will then head to HCMC city for two days.
    1. Mekong Delta-1 day trip
    2. HCMC day exploring the city.
    Is Mekong Delta worth checking out, or would you do something else?

Next we head to Siem Reap for two days.
    1. Explore 2 days worth of temples and Angkor Waht.

Then Chaing Mai for 3 days.
    Any suggestions?
    I know we will cover a lot, but we will fly every where and I cant be in one place longer than 4 days.

#1 Posted: 3/8/2010 - 12:31

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Mai-Chau day excursion sounds very tiring to me. It's been a while since I visited the north of Vietnam but as far as I know it's a very long drive. Only worth it if you spend a night there and really soak up the tranquility. I could be mistaken and others will correct me if so.

HCMC has several alternatives for day tours but it depends on your interests.
    -Mekong is great if you'd like to see the waterways, fruit farms and general local life outside of the cities.
    -Cao Dai temple if you'r interested in a strange religion and some colorful scenes
    -Cu Chi tunnels if you're interested in the war-history

#2 Posted: 3/8/2010 - 16:06

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

I agree re Mai Chau. I really like it there but I don't think a day trip is feasible: it's a 4 hour drive each way and the real benefit comes from an overnight stay. You can do organised tours there but they're overnight. I haven't been to perfume pagoda for 8 years but I recall it being an interesting trip, giving you a glimpse of the countryside - and it's easy enough to do in a day. Be prepared for a tourist overload though!

#3 Posted: 4/8/2010 - 09:43

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

You can go to Mai Chau on a bus by yourself but really it is hardly worth it just for the day. I think you could easily spend more time in Hanoi.

#4 Posted: 4/8/2010 - 14:00

• oscarcat

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2008
    Location Cambodia

Definitely check out the Delta, I had the good fortune to have a month in Viet Nam and spent the last week meandering down the delta towards Phu Quoc
    only regret I didn't spend more time in this astounding area!

#5 Posted: 5/8/2010 - 07:09

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Too many stops for such a short trip. Take plenty of photos because you won't remember too much other than the flights!

#6 Posted: 10/8/2010 - 09:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
World Expeditions tours - any feedback? ... By Intrepid82 on 18 Jun 2009 1 2454 19 Jun 2009