Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Phu Quoc or not Phu Quoc?

• jodan

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

We're working our way down Vietnam (currently in Nha Trang) before heading into Cambodia and then Thailand. As we will be able to enjoy the islands in Thailand, we were wondering whether it is worth us visiting Phu Quoc, i.e whether it is nice enough to justify spending a few days less on the Thailand beaches? Also, is the weather on Phu Quoc OK this time of year (if we visit Phu Quoc it will probably be in about a 1 or 2 weeks time)?

One more question - is it possible to get Cambodian visas on the Ha Tien border or will we need to arrange them from Ho Chi Minh City?

#1 Posted: 12/11/2006 - 17:12

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi jodan,

Welcome to Travelfish!

"As we will be able to enjoy the islands in Thailand, we were wondering whether it is worth us visiting Phu Quoc, i.e whether it is nice enough to justify spending a few days less on the Thailand beaches?"

YES!

"Also, is the weather on Phu Quoc OK this time of year (if we visit Phu Quoc it will probably be in about a 1 or 2 weeks time)?"

Lovely!

"One more question - is it possible to get Cambodian visas on the Ha Tien border or will we need to arrange them from Ho Chi Minh City?"

The Hat Tien crossing is not open officially to tourists as far as I know -- you'll need to backtrack north a little and cross near Chau Doc (where you can get a visa at the border).

I've been to just about all the islands in the region and Phu Quoc really took my breath away -- and I was there when the weather wasn't so hot. If you've got the time it is definitely worth a look -- there's no island in Thailand quite like it. I'd highly recommend it.

#2 Posted: 13/11/2006 - 06:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Anyone stayed at Thanh Quoc (Phu Quoc Island) ... By Roody82 on 4 Dec 2008 3 4010 5 Dec 2008