Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Is this journey doable?

• averydka99

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2010

Hello Everyone,
    We will be arriving in Vietnam around Nov. 1st. We would like to spend some time at Phu Quoc Island, the Mekong Delta region, up to Nha Trang, then the Sapa region. We have the whole month of November to travel. Is this enough time?

#1 Posted: 19/8/2010 - 21:18

• Advertisement

• Nokka

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

I would say yes.

I spent 4 weeks in Vietnam earlier this year. Spent a few day on Phu Quoc, 3 nights in the Delta, 4 in Saigon, 5 nights Hoi An, 2 Hue, 3 Hanoi (not enough), 2 Halong Bay and 3 Sapa (inc train). Many people seem to rush too much, but I found that was about right for me - not too many places and enough time in each. Having said that, I could easily have spent longer in some of those places, but had a 30 day visa so.....

I reckon in a month you can have a pretty good go at it, though.

#2 Posted: 19/8/2010 - 22:36

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yes, easily. It will a holiday not a race. It's when people try doing the same in 2 weeks........

The only problem you might have is with the weather but that is something you just have to be flexible about if it goes against you.

#3 Posted: 20/8/2010 - 08:45

• averydka99

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2010

Thank you both for your input!

#4 Posted: 21/8/2010 - 09:33

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I was in the area last year on Nov 1st and weather was just about perfect. Glad to see you're giving it a whole month, and your plan sound very doable. I urge you to also stop in Hoi An (Danang) and Hanoi en route. I prefer Hoi An over Nha Trang. Pass through Saigon, but don't spend too much time there. Be sure to book a Phu Quoc guesthouse as soon as possible (no problem in other areas). Be flexible as storms on the Central Coast do happen at that time of year.

I'll be in Hanoi starting Nov 19th (my favorite place).

#5 Posted: 24/8/2010 - 01:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.