Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam visa in BKK and flights to Hanoi

• pilgrim

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2006

I will be arriving in Bangkok at the end of Nov and hoping to fly to Hanoi within a week(as soon as possible). I am planning to apply for my Vietnam visa in Bangkok. Does anyone know from experience how long it will take to get my visa??
    I have been looking online at booking an Air Asia flight to Hanoi from BKK but want to make sure I allow enough time to get the visa...
    Would it be better(safer) to book my flight when I arrive in Bangkok? How might costs compare.
    The BKK-HAN flight is about 2000 baht w/air asia.

#1 Posted: 13/11/2006 - 13:20

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi pilgrim,

Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok offers a range of services depending on how much you're willing to pay for an express service - same day to three day turnaround are the norm. You can get their details here: Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok

The costs will be more the closer you book your flight but I'd be more concerned about availability than price...these flights are often full and getting your bum onto a seat can be tricky!

#2 Posted: 13/11/2006 - 13:37

• pilgrim

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2006

Thanks Somtam for your prompt reply. I have been having trouble connecting with the Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok site but it sounds like anything is possible if you are willing to pay...
    I would rather not pay for express service but it is nice to know that it is an option...

#3 Posted: 14/11/2006 - 13:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hoi an to Hanoi (via Hue?) - flights in vietnam?? ... By oisin on 18 May 2007 4 6874 30 May 2007