My trip to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand in 13 days
19th July, 2010
I just got back from Southeast Asia. My wife and I had a great time.
1. Days 1-4. arrived in Hanoi and spent one day unwinding and checking out the old Quarter. That night we wnet to the Water Puppets (give it a C+ grade). The next morning we went to Halong Bay on Vega Travel (A grade). Halong Bay is awesome and everyone on our book was in our age group (27-33). WE came back and the next day we booked with Hanoi Kids (A+ grade). Our giude took us to great food on the street and the best coffee place in Hanoi (highlights for us). That day we flew to Hoi An
2. Days 5-6 Hoi An- (A+) do not miss Hoi An. It is not about the clothes. We spent two days at a great hotel called Ha An. Recommend the hotel, but not for the Banana pancake eaters, because it costs $50-75 a night.
3. Day 7 early we flew to Siem Reap, Call it seam rip you off the whole time. The flight was expensive, the tax to leave was expensive, and most things were quoted in dollars. It is worth going to the Angkor Waht, jungle, and Angkor Thom, after that we were temples out (A) (Day8 at 5-11am). Later in the faternoon, we went to the floating village cost us $15 each after talking the guy down, but worth it (B+). The next day, we went around Siem Reap, and left at 2pm for Chiang Mai.
4. Chiang Mai-the first day we did the day tour to White Temple, Chiang Rai, Golden Triangle, Laos, and the long neck tribes (give it a , fun but too much driving around, would not do it again. The next day we went to the elephant sanctuary. It is the one on national geographic. It was worth the money (A-). The few two days we relaxed at the best hotel of our trip The Butterfly House, beautiful, but again not cheap $60-70 per night (it would cost 200-300 per night in California) (A+).
5. Day 13 we flew home, and are now feeling the time change 13-14hrs.
If you have any questions, let me know. You can do all three countries in 12-13 days and be fine. I do not want to be in Cambodia for more than three days, but I wish I had time to go down to Kho Pi Pi.
#1 Posted: 26/8/2010 - 11:17
6th June, 2009
Total reviews: 10
I'm glad you enjoyed it. This is WAY too much running around for my tastes, and way too much time seeing things vice doing things. Not my style, but I'm sure there are plenty of people here on the site who will be attracted to this sort of approach.
#2 Posted: 28/8/2010 - 01:56
19th July, 2010
We love to move around during our trips. I dont think we would have done the trip different except for a couple more days in Hoi An. Thanks for the response.
I believe if you want to relax on a trip you go to Thailand Islands or Carribean, not a southeast Asian city.
#3 Posted: 28/8/2010 - 09:39
19th July, 2010
Also, when you some from USA, you only get two weeks paid, so you better make the most of it. WE did that. I think Euros get 4-6 weeks off, so it is a different animal.
#4 Posted: 28/8/2010 - 09:41
18th July, 2009
I am exhausted just reading that itinerary. 13 days ... two to three places tops for me.
#5 Posted: 31/8/2010 - 16:28
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|12 days trip: Cambodia or Vietnam? ...||3||4190||16 Sep 2010|
|Help needed with Thailand/Cambodia trip please - 30 days ...||14||1086||22 May 2014|
|Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand in 15 days? ...||3||4829||25 Apr 2008|
|Thailand - Laos - Vietnam - cambodia in 30 days? ...||5||4601||20 Mar 2011|
|35 days in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam Itinerary Help Please!!! ...||4||1907||28 Sep 2011|
|Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia in 45 days? ...||12||2242||5 Jun 2013|
|10 days - Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam? ...||11||5958||14 Apr 2010|
|Trip to Vietnam -> Cambodia -> Thailand -> ? ...||1||2651||4 Mar 2009|
|Budget and Itinerary for 65 days in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia ...||0||2144||2 Oct 2012|
|2 week trip Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia ...||2||4130||1 Apr 2006|