Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Professional photo shop in HCMC?

Posted by ingridmj on 31/8/2010 at 01:42

Hi

I'm a photographer and I'm going to Vietnam for 3 months.
I really need to have my camera cleaned, but I won't have the time do get it done before I leave, because I need it for some shoots... Does anyone know of a place in HCMC (or perhaps Hanoi, I'm going there later) where I can deliver my camera and get it cleaned by professionals? It's a Nikon...

All tips are very much appreciated =)

Ingrid

#1 ingridmj has been a member since 31/8/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by KazAussie on 31/8/2010 at 16:26

I am sure someone else will be able to help you out with specific store names, at in both HCMC and Hanoi there are whole streets of very professional looking camera shops and service agents.

#2 KazAussie has been a member since 18/7/2009. Posts: 221

Posted by goonistik on 31/8/2010 at 20:43

This is from the Nikon website (translated using google). In some countries Nikon has a distributor and the service policies may be different for cameras brought in from other countries. They may refuse service or charge extra. If you could find the local Nikon users group, they would be the best source of info (they have a group in flickr). They may refer you to local technicians whom they trust.

Office & Service Centre, repair services in Hanoi
Address: No. 2D Quang Trung
Hoan Kiem, Hanoi

Tel: 84-4 39381412
Fax: 84-4 39381413
Email: info@vicvietnam.com
[img]globalimages/bullet_small.gif[/img] http://www.vicvietnam.com

Office & Service Centre, repair services in Ho Chi Minh
Address: 57-59 Ho Tung Mau Street, District 1,
Ho Chi Minh
Tel: 84-8 39146361
Fax: 84-8 39146362

One of the larger camera/photography forums is called clubsnap (clubsnap.com). Most of the members are from singapore but there are also members from all over south-east asia. You might find somebody from vietnam there.

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by ingridmj on 31/8/2010 at 22:59

Thanks a lot!!!
Very helpful =)

Ingrid

#4 ingridmj has been a member since 31/8/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.