Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Group Accommodations Hanoi & HCMC

• Jenzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2010

A few of my friends & I are travelling to Vietnam for a wedding. We're going to be in Hanoi for 4 days then down to Saigon for a few days. The group ranges from 2 (if my husband & I are on our own) to up to 10 possibly on some nights. I've been researching rental houses/villa's but can't find much (I found one in Saigon but it's booked). Do they just not exist in Vietnam? Any suggestions for accommodations ideal for groups in either Hanoi or Ho Chi Man City? Thanks!

#1 Posted: 31/8/2010 - 03:37

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

It would be nice if you'd ignore last poster. Please don't encourage these agencies by contacting them. I'm sure he means well but otherwise this forum gets flooded with agents and operators competing for your attention.

Houses/villas for short term rent are not very common in Vietnam. Some beach destinations have them but also very few.

Shortest rent is for a month most of the time and even that is hard and requiring a few months deposit. Most tourists stay only for a few days in the cities and for most tourists hotels suffice. The market you're looking for simply isn't there (yet).

#2 Posted: 6/9/2010 - 13:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.