Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Saigon

• PD

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2006

Hi, I'm new to this site. I'll be going to Saigon for 4 days during new years with one of my friends. Our tickets are booked and paid for but we have NO iDEA about hotels and WHERE we should go. Would like to stay 2 nights in the city and 2 nights at the beach nearby - is there one?
    Any suggestions anyone for a backpackers place or cheap motels in saigon?
    What are the MUST see? Is there a nice place to go out partying esp on new yrs eve?
    Anything would be appreciated. Thank oyu

#1 Posted: 18/11/2006 - 11:58

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi PD,

Welcome to Travelfish!

A very extended version of our Saigon coverage is being edited at the moment - phaps give us another week and you'll find the answers to all your questions online!

For Beaches, Phu Quoc Island -- an hour's flight away is terrific

#2 Posted: 19/11/2006 - 07:53

• cfantacone

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2006

I highly recommend Happy Inn on Bui Vien Street in the tourist quarter (District 1). It's located on a small alley way off the Pham Ngu Lao street. The guesthouse is super-friendly (I lived there for 2 months last year), very clean, and affordable.

#3 Posted: 27/11/2006 - 02:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.