Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Visiting Tay Ninh and Cu Chi Tunnel in one day?

• cloud

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

I am planning a trip to the four countries in the southeast Asia. I want to visit the Cao Dai temple in Tay Ninh and see a prayer session, and also the Cu Chi Tunnel from Ho Chi Minh as a one-day trip. Judging from the distance and directions, that seems to be possible but I wonder what the reality is. Travlefish explains the trip to Tay Ninh by bus takes 2~3 hours. Then it makes the roundtrip 4~6 hours, and visiting the tunnel…seems very tight in time.
    My specific questions:
    1) Is the visit by an one-day individual trip possible ?
    2) Is there a group tour for the combined visit?
    3) How long does a bus actually take from HCM to Tay Ninh? What is the departure time of the earliest bus from HCM to Tay Ninh?

#1 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 08:51

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I don't think it's worth it to do this by yourself. Plenty of agents (if not all) offer this day trip on organized tour.
    Those organized tours include pick-up etc. so you will save a lot of hassle if you take one. Doing it yourself will give you more stress and almost the same results or worse. Only comfortable option would be a private taxi hire. Public buses on those routes are of the real local variety and not anything like the open-bus tickets.

The prayer times at temples are fixed so the tours make sure you're on time. It will also be full of tourists anyway so the end result will be the same. If you come outside these hours the place is dead.
    Same goes for Cu Chi tunnels. Also crowded with tourists.
    Still a worthy day trip though.

But unless you have some special interest in the two (that warrants a longer stay) or want to make plenty of stops along the way for pictures and other things I would say take the day tour.

#2 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 10:16

• cloud

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

Eastwest, Thanks.
    By your explanation, I was able to get a clear picture and decided to include those two places to my visit list.

#3 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 22:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.