Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hoi Ahn

• swenglishdan

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,

Currently travelling round Vietnam, my gf and I are in Nha Trang, staying here for about a week doing a bit of diving and eating sea food! Heading North next to Hoi Ahn and De nang.

Looking for any good tips on what to do and where to stay. We are on a budget of about $6 a night for a room and would like something in the centre of Hoi Ahn if possible!

#1 Posted: 18/11/2006 - 22:05

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Travelfish!

You'll struglle to get something in the heart of Hoi An for $6 -- but a short walk (10 minutes from the river) to the north of town there's a whole bunch of places to choose from. See the Hoi An section of the site for more details.

#2 Posted: 19/11/2006 - 07:57

• halu

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

We just got to Hoi An today, and if you stay just outside of the centre of town, you're about 10 minutes from the Old Town and can EASILY find a room for $6-7. We were bombarded with options upon arriving from Hue this afternoon. Nice, clean fan rooms with tv and everything for $6/night.

Good luck.

#3 Posted: 22/11/2006 - 13:37

• nijntje2518

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2006

Hi,

I stayed in the Hoi Pho hotel, about 5 minutes from the waterfront - spotlessly clean, friendly staff who arranged my bus onwards, room with TV / fridge / hot water, all for $7! It's 627 Hai Ba Trung St. One of the best I stayed at in Vietnam (this was about a month ago).

Cheers,

J

#4 Posted: 22/11/2006 - 16:06

• EasyWorldTr-
    aveler

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 4

Pho Hoi Riverside Resort just over the bridge from the market is a great place to relax. Their prices on the website are really high but if you show up and talk to them the prices are much lower. Great swimming pool right on the river, very friendly staff. Though be warned that on the evening of your last night the housekeeping staff will suddenly show up to try and get a tip out of you. Out of place from the rest of the stay and a bit of a bump in a rather nice experience.

#5 Posted: 30/11/2006 - 07:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.