Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Availability of train/bus from Thap Cham to Nha Trang?

• cloud

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

I am setting up a plan for my travel during the coming October and have difficulty for the segment from Thap Cham to Nha Trang .

If I can move the segment between 9:00~14:00,i.e., leaving Thap Cham after 9:00 and arriving at Nha Trang before 14:00, it’s the best.

I searched the train time in the internet and found several time tables of different times. One of them shows that SE8 departs Thap Cham at 11:02 and arrives at Nha Trang at 12:33 but I wonder whether the table is the current one or not. (SE8 times in other tables, ?-12:48, 22:39-0:42, 2:51-4:18)

I want to know the current availability. Would anybody tell me whether there is a currently available train or bus during the time 9:00~14:00?

#1 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 07:00

• Advertisement

• Pink22

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Some train will pass Nha Trang and Thap Cham so you can check again about the time which arrive in Thap Cham and take to Nha Trang.

Train SE6 : Depart Saigon station at 13 05 hours, through thestation in Bien Hoa, Thap Cham, Nha Trang, Tuy Hoa, Dieu Tri, Da Nang ,Hue, Dong Hoi, Vinh, Thanh Hoa, Ninh Binh, Nam Dinh, Ha Noi 20 to 45 hours.

* TN2 : Depart Saigon station at 10 05 hours, throughthe station in Bien Hoa, Thap Cham, Nha Trang, Tuy Hoa, Dieu Tri, QuangNgai, Tam Ky, Danang, Hue, Dong Ha , Dong Hoi, Vinh, Thanh Hoa, Ninh Binh, Nam Dinh, Ha Noi 3 to 25 hours.

*Ships TN4 (40 hours 30): Depart Saigon station at 15 45 hours, throughthe station in Bien Hoa, Thap Cham, Nha Trang, Tuy Hoa, Dieu Tri, QuangNgai, Tam Ky, Danang, Hue, Dong Ha , Dong Hoi, Vinh, Thanh Hoa, Ninh Binh, Nam Dinh, Ha Noi 8 to 15 hours.

* Train (Saigon - Da Nang): Departure Saigon station at 8 15, through thestation in Bien Hoa, Long Khanh, Muong Man, Thap Cham, Nha Trang, TuyHoa, Dieu Tri, Quang Ngai, Tam Ky , to Da Nang 4 hours 48.

SN2 * Tau (Saigon - Nha Trang): Departure Saigon station at 20 20 hours, the station Bien Hoa, Thap Cham, Nha Trang 6 hours 20.

Nghe
    Đọc ngữ âm

#2 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 10:20

• cloud

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

Pink, thanks for the reply. As I put in this thread and also in another thread entitled “Vietnam train time table, which one is correct?” I am confused about the train times. Did you get the times from the web site http://www.vr.com.vn or directly from a train station? In the web site, I found there are two different kinds of tables. One is a table for the entire line and the other is a table as a line segment basis. It seems to me that the times in the tables are not identical. For example, more detailed comparison in the thread mentioned at the head, the times in the tables for the departure time at Sai Gon of SE 6 are 12:20 and 13:05, also for SE8, 15:45 and 05:30. Which one is the currently correct time table or what is the correct way to read the time tables ( I do not know Vietnamese at all)? It is indicated that you posted your writing in Vietnam. Can you check the correct departure time of SE 8 from Sai Gon or Thap Cham? If you can, that will be a big help to me.

#3 Posted: 24/9/2010 - 08:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Last minute train availability from Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang ... By chichinic on 28 Jan 2008 7 7799 31 Jan 2008
Mui Ne to Phan Rang Thap Cham ... By halimah on 26 Feb 2009 3 3329 26 Feb 2009
Getting from Phan Rang/Thap Cham to Da Lat ... By satori_kicks on 10 Jun 2009 3 4783 13 Jun 2009