Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

my vietnam visa

• Puzzle

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2010

Hi
    I know there are a lot of posts regarding visas,but i would just like some up to date clear advice on using www.myvietnamvisa.com to get a visa on arrival at Ho Chi Minh
    Searching the web i have not found any negative comments, so far.
    Has anyone had any problems?
    The following is from the Vietnamese embassy in the U.K. It got me a bit worried

Regarding visas on arrival and on-line visa application, please be advised that there have been so many cases in which airport authorities do not allow travelers to board the planes or enter the country as they do not possess legitimate visas which must be stamped onto their passports by the Embassy. The pre-approved letters are not sufficient documents. These cases are beyond the authority of the Embassy.

Thanks
    Puzzle

#1 Posted: 29/9/2010 - 00:15

• Advertisement

• valis

Click here to learn more about valis
    Joined Travelfish
    14th July, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

sorry i dont have any advice for you puzzle.
    but thanks for the heads up,i was thinking about using the visa on arrival as the vietnam uk embassy webpage didnt exactly fill me with confidance.i guess il just have to get it the normal way,i wouldnt want to take the risk of getting refused on the plane.

#2 Posted: 29/9/2010 - 02:14

• saggie

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2010
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

This is to applied for some of the individuals that maybe are under "watching".
    Cause my Turkish friend landed in Tan Son Nhat airport, had her Visa stamped already in Turkey, was forced to be back on the plane to fly out of the country without any clear reason. So far there is no one has reported about they couldnt get into the country with pre-approved document.

#3 Posted: 1/10/2010 - 15:05

• valis

Click here to learn more about valis
    Joined Travelfish
    14th July, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

i just got an email from the vietnamese embassy in the uk with prices.looks like they have raised ther prices since my last look at the site.

£110 for the 90day visa,and if i can remember right this is only for a single entry,pluss thers handleing fees and express delivery fees and this is just the single entry visa.

pluss they dont half make it a hassle to obtain one in the first place.

#4 Posted: 1/10/2010 - 17:11

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

I've used VOA 3 times now (arrange via myvietnamvisa.com) and if I need another I would do so again using them. Certainly from London you won't have any problems at all....simply because all your transiting points - HK, BKK Singapore etc, don't require a visa arranged before hand anyway. Just because you have a flight going onwards doesn't mean you will always use it.  
    And flying from any of them onwards to Vietnam, every airline is well aware of VOA. As long as you have the entire approval letter it really isn't an issue (check the details / date etc but don't worry about other names appearing on it).  I didn't show my approval letter until I got to HK. 
    As mentioned embassy prices have increased of late. I suspect the 'warning' they give out is to make you get an overpriced visa from them. Such 'warnings' have only recently appeared on their websites. Draw your own conclusions. 
    The VOA route offers quite substantial savings but read the small print. It is only valid when arriving by AIR to an international airport in Vietnam... (HaNoi HCMC and Da Nang). You need at least $25USD to pay for a single entry one month visa, which you pay when you collect your passport with its visa stuck in it at the VOA counter. You need a valid passport and one photo which they will staple to the arrival form that you fill in. That form is downloadable from myvietnamvisa.com. Fill it in before you arrive, otherwise you will queue up, get the arrival form and then queue up again, having filled it in. 
    have a good flight!

#5 Posted: 10/10/2010 - 17:35

• Puzzle

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2010

Thanks for that 69.
    We have decided to go with myvietnamvisa.
    Will report back.
    Thanks to you to saggie and valis

#6 Posted: 11/10/2010 - 02:19

• darcon

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2010

Hi,

My boyfriend and I arrived last night into HCMC. We used myvietnamvisa and it all worked so smoothly picking up the visas in the airport. my boyfriend actually forgot his passport photo so they took one for him for $1! myvietnamvisa was the cheapest visas we found. the embassies are quite dear.

have fun

#7 Posted: 27/10/2010 - 10:12

• Drifter1dc

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United States

I had trouble with the site as I had an old account on paypal and it wouldn't let me just pay by CC. I instead used Visa-Vietnam.com and got one cheaper and with no payment hassle. Just my experience. This will be the second time I used VOA and if I have a long wait at the counter again like last year it will be the last time I use it. Had a 2 hr wait due to tour group operators paying off the counter cashiers to process their VOA before others and clearly after I had been there 30-40 mins before them.

#8 Posted: 14/11/2010 - 01:47

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

That would be pretty sucky, Drifter. One that that people can do is to pre-print their arrival forms and have it filled in before you arrive. It means that you can get straight into the queue rather than have to join the masses who are scrambling around for the forms and filling them in. Not that this would have helped your situation, Drifter...

Arrival form is here: http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/form-on-arrival.pdf

#9 Posted: 14/11/2010 - 03:43

• Drifter1dc

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United States

Busy, I did have mine pre filled and just handed everything in as is all ready and still had to wait. Needless to say I was pissed. Will give it one more try.

#10 Posted: 14/11/2010 - 19:38

• Advertisement

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Out of the 3 VOA applications I've done, currently it's 1 at a 2hr wait, back in March and 2 at less than 15mins, latest was in June. Most people I talk to seem to be waiting around 15mins now, so maybe they have got their act together in HCMC.
    Would be nice if more people could post telling us how it went. I think most of the agents seem to do a good job (at least I don't seem to read about any major problems) but it is the airport delivery that counts at the end of the day.

#11 Posted: 15/11/2010 - 08:39

• burkey

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2010

thanks for all the great info, we fly into hanoi in jan and out in april...my wife is starting on me about visas...i feel much better about the visa on arrival now...and think she will also...
    man i love this site

#12 Posted: 15/11/2010 - 11:21

• destroyinga-
    ngel

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011

A word to the wise: Be sure to carefully check the information in your confirmation email. If there is an error and you don't catch it, you'll have to re-apply and pay all over again. Ouch.

#13 Posted: 25/3/2011 - 16:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.