Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Ha Long Bay Tours

• monkindy

Joined Travelfish
    30th May, 2010

Hey Guys

There is a group of 8 of us looking to do a ha long bay cruise for new years eve. Ive been looking into it but with the huge amount of operators and the horror stories bout junk cruises i thought id be best to ask.

So there are 8 of us and we are really looking to spend a max of 200-250 nz dollars (which is about 150 to 180 us) each but cheaper would be better. We arent expecting 5 star at this price but we don't want to be ripped off either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#1 Posted: 3/10/2010 - 16:37

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi my wife and I used the original Kangaroo cafe in June. Paid $130 US each for 3 days 2 nights which included one night in a hotel on Cat Ba island There was six on the boat,plenty of good food cold beer and stunning scenery.Cabins were clean guide was knowlegable so all up we all had a great time. You can pay more you can pay less but it really is get what you pay for

#2 Posted: 4/10/2010 - 06:23

• Pobblebonk

Click here to learn more about Pobblebonk
    Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2010
    Location Australia

According to another forum, there are two they have gone on that have the highest rating of recommendations:

Red Dragon
    Emotion Tours

I've heard Ocean Tours are great also.

Beware though, I contacted Red Dragon tours and enquired, and seriously, I get an email every single day asking me to hurry up and book with them because when I'm going [November] is "peak season". It's quite annoying.

Good luck!

#3 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 04:12

• saggie

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2010
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

I will go with any of the Indochina Junks (red dragon, lagoon, dragon pearl).
    There are many people confused lately about Red Dragon and Lagoon explorer websites etc..
    There has been a few of fake websites which is not the official site of the boat and they all belong to some travel agents. maybe that's why you get an email everyday pushing you to book.

#4 Posted: 8/10/2010 - 23:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.