Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Pongour Falls: has anybody been and can recommend?

Posted by cieciorka on 11/10/2010 at 02:51

I am thinking of going to Dalat, but only to see Pongour Falls (I've seen the pictures and have read that it is really worth visiting). However, if anybody has been there and can confirm if it's worth a special trip, it would help me a lot. I am planning to go 2nd half of November as it might have a meaning in this case.
Many thanks

#1 cieciorka has been a member since 11/10/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by aeski on 17/10/2010 at 23:03

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, we were in Dalat a bit over a month ago and were planning to take a day trip there, (photos of the falls looked amazing). We were about to leave the hotel and spoke to reception about a map and where to go, they said pongour is no longer worth visiting as of 2008 when a hydroelectric dam was completed upstream. You can probably find details with a search online, but i'm fairly sure this is the case.

A real shame, not sure if anybody has been there since 2008 and can confirm this?

#2 aeski has been a member since 18/6/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by cieciorka on 19/10/2010 at 00:38

Well, that's definitely a piece of useful news! Is anybody able to confirm?
Thanks

#3 cieciorka has been a member since 11/10/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.