Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Pongour Falls: has anybody been and can recommend?

• cieciorka

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2010

I am thinking of going to Dalat, but only to see Pongour Falls (I've seen the pictures and have read that it is really worth visiting). However, if anybody has been there and can confirm if it's worth a special trip, it would help me a lot. I am planning to go 2nd half of November as it might have a meaning in this case.
    Many thanks

#1 Posted: 11/10/2010 - 02:51

• Advertisement

• aeski

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, we were in Dalat a bit over a month ago and were planning to take a day trip there, (photos of the falls looked amazing). We were about to leave the hotel and spoke to reception about a map and where to go, they said pongour is no longer worth visiting as of 2008 when a hydroelectric dam was completed upstream. You can probably find details with a search online, but i'm fairly sure this is the case.

A real shame, not sure if anybody has been there since 2008 and can confirm this?

#2 Posted: 17/10/2010 - 23:03

• cieciorka

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2010

Well, that's definitely a piece of useful news! Is anybody able to confirm?
    Thanks

#3 Posted: 19/10/2010 - 00:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.