Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Turboprop flights to Phu Quoc

• averydka99

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2010

Hello,
    Can anyone who has flown into Phu Quoc tell me how the flight was on Vietnam Airlines Turbo prop? I have flown on these before and usually get deathly motion sick. Was planning on the ferry from Rach Gia, but postings make it sound very unreliable.
    Thank you

#1 Posted: 23/10/2010 - 23:13

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 50
    Places visited:
    At least 43

I'm not one for motion sickness - I'll usually be reading on the bumpiest bus rides - so I may not be the most reliable on this. I found the flight very stable - there wasn't much turbulence at all, a very smooth assent and no bumps at cruising altitude. We were there in February and the weather was flat-lining hot with very little wind so that may account for the good conditions. Vietnam Airlines is a very professional outfit as far as my experience goes.

#2 Posted: 23/10/2010 - 23:30

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

If you've flown on one before, I'd imagine it will be the same experience. They are ATR 42/72 aircraft. My photo can be found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/bertie_is_here/3466719088/ 
    If you look under the photo you'll find a link to the video of the flight, take off and landing,  which is on Youtube.
    I didn't have a problem with motion sickness and I can't recall seeing or hearing anyone else having problems either. The flight lasts about an hour if I recall correctly.
    Have you tried taking travel sickness pills before a flight?

#3 Posted: 23/10/2010 - 23:38

• averydka99

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2010

Thank you both, Yes, I take motion sick pills, use the acupuncture wrist bands, even suck on ginger logenzes.....it's pretty bad. I think it's the best choice though considering the ferry situation.

#4 Posted: 24/10/2010 - 01:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.