Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Sapa Tour

• husun

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2010
    Location Japan

Have booked my Jan 2011 Sapa from a tour operator. Can someone advise on the price I'd pay, is it a resonable one?
    A 4N3D Sapa group tour inclusive of the Bac Ha market tour. One way transfer from Hanoi hotel to the train station. Returned train tickets ( I book the Tulico Deluxe 4 berth cabin, all the berth for me and my wife), a 2 nights stay at a 3* Hotel in Sapa.

I paid 430$/ 2 persons for this entire tour. Is it a reasonable one? Hope someone could comments. And preferably what to do and not to do in Sapa. Thank you very much in advance!

#1 Posted: 29/10/2010 - 01:11

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Difficult to comment as tours vary so much, and there are so many operators with websites that you could easily research competitors prices. However, as a comparison, if you did it yourself:

* $200+ for a 2 person Tulico cabin (note that two beds in a standard cabin would be about $70 for 2)
    * A decent hotel in Sapa will cost around $50a night, so that's $100 - though you could easily spend more or less
    * Bac Ha - depends if it's a private tour or group tour. A standard group tour would cost around $15 per person but there are fancier ones too and if it's a private tour it will cost double that.

So around the $330 mark. But you're paying for the convenience of having someone organise everything for you of course. And does your trip include some meals too?

#2 Posted: 31/10/2010 - 11:07

• husun

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2010
    Location Japan

Hi Sarah,

thank you so much for the guide. Yes, there are meals in the package but I assume the BLD won't cost me too much if I were to buy our own. After doing research, I found that for the same package with the 4 berth soft sleeper, most quoted 175/person. And you are correct, at least this will save me the trouble booking those separately. thanks!

#3 Posted: 31/10/2010 - 16:22

• husun

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2010
    Location Japan

Hi Sarah,

thank you so much for the guide. Yes, there are meals in the package but I assume the BLD won't cost me too much if I were to buy our own. After doing research, I found that for the same package with the 4 berth soft sleeper, most quoted 175/person. And you are correct, at least this will save me the trouble booking those separately. thanks!

#4 Posted: 31/10/2010 - 16:23

• husun

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2010
    Location Japan

Hi Sarah,

#5 Posted: 31/10/2010 - 16:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.