Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

How to get to Laos and itinerary check!!

• masem143

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Hi I fly into Bangkok on 22nd November with boyfriend (1st time SE asia- we are both 22yrs old) and have a month in S.E Asia. Here is my plan..
    -2 nights Bangkok (need to sort Vietnam visa-does anyone know how best to do this and how long it takes?)
    -Travel to Ho Chi Minh/Saigon (3nights ish)- fly
    -Travel to Nha Trang (3nights ish)-train??
    -Travel to Hoi An (4-5nights) - train??
    -Travel to Hanoi & Halong Bay (5nights ish) - fly?
    -Travel to Laos for tubing with friends (4nights) - I am not wanting to do 22hr bus.. where would I fly to that is cheapest or close??
    -Fly to Ko Samui/Surat Thani- have one week left which includes 2-3nights free before Full moon party with friends (accom booked on Koh Phangan). Where would you recommend for 2nights before full moon party- I assume won't have time for west coast islands)
    -Fly back to BK 23rd Nov and back to NZ!

Help would be greatly appreciated :) I understand a month isn't long enough to do all of it, and gutted I will miss out on Cambodia, Chiang Mai etc but have tried to do realistic itinerary? Thank you!
    Happy travels XO

#1 Posted: 31/10/2010 - 03:10

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

As you're flying into HCMC consider pre-arranging a visa on arrival, it will save you the hassle / wait in Bangkok. That or arrange in your own country before you travel.

Vientiene is the closest airport to Vang Vieng I believe and is cheaper to fly to than LP anyway.

Your journeys within Vietnam can all be done by train but it's worth looking at flight prices, especially for the Hoi An (from Danang) to Hanoi part, as it's usually not much more expensive and you might be fed up with trains by then! It'll be chilly in Hanoi - bring a jumper!

#2 Posted: 31/10/2010 - 10:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
My Laos itinerary... please can you check it? ... By kitsune on 11 Apr 2010 4 2417 15 Apr 2010
9 Days in Laos - Itinerary Check ... By jlwh on 5 Aug 2010 0 3267 5 Aug 2010
Southern Laos adventure - check itinerary please ... By kiwigirl on 14 Oct 2006 2 2217 20 Oct 2006