Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam trip

• sailor

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2006

I am planning to make a trip (together with my girlfriend) from Saigon to Hanoi. we would like to travel with the train and the bus. I there anyone who can give me some advise about places where to go and about the price of the trip (I can't find much information about it). We travel like backpackers.

i hope you can help us.

#1 Posted: 28/11/2006 - 03:46

• Advertisement

• Manticore

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

Id recommend having a look at the trip planner. The link is on the menu on the right -->

theres a top to tail (or reverse) planner there

#2 Posted: 28/11/2006 - 13:32

• sailor

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2006

Yes I have seen the trip planner, but I diddn't find any prices there. Maybe you can help me with that?

#3 Posted: 28/11/2006 - 15:37

• Manticore

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

sorry dude,

I will be doing exactly the same as you starting in December and it will be my first time in Vietnam.

I will be taking cash and a credit card. I plan to spend US$10 per night on accomodation, hopefully less most times. I will be trekking in Sapa and kayaking in Halong bay. So it all depends on what takes your fancy when planning your budget.

Id suggest taking government buses from the stations instead of flagging them down, to avoid overcharging. Once you arrive, there will be plenty of seasoned travellers willing and able to give relevant answers. Good luck.

#4 Posted: 29/11/2006 - 22:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.