Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Cruise Mekong, HCMC - Can Tho or around?

• jadzia

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010

Hi,

we are there next week and our plan is to go from HCMC through the delta (short trip, mabe 2 days) before going to Phu Quoc from Rach Gia. Our favourite idea is to cruise the Mekong, perferably overnight, maybe HCMC-Can Tho or similar.

Can someone recommend a travel agent that can organize something like this individually or in small groups? I do not want to travel with the big busses with 40 fellow travellers...

Any hint is appreciated. Thanks and regards! :)

#1 Posted: 14/11/2010 - 18:22

• Advertisement

• jojo123

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2010

We have just booked something similar with TNK - a private Mekong tour incl. a 1 night homestay and an onward flight from Can Tho to Phu Quoc. Haven't been yet so cannot comment on delivery of service!
    Other agents we got quotes from where Come and Go Travel (good itinerary but this was quite a lot more expensive for no obvious reason) and Innoviet (was a competitive price, just the TNK itinerary met our specific needs better).

#2 Posted: 15/11/2010 - 13:00

• jadzia

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010

Wow, super. Thank you. I mean this is all a little too high above our small budget, but at least it gives an impression and maybe we find something nice.

Let me know what it was like when you are done. Wish good luck and and lots of fun though...

#3 Posted: 16/11/2010 - 17:58

• jadzia

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010

jojo123, when are you going? Thanks for sharing btw, now I found what I was looking for. I knew there are these boats but was not able to remember the name. :)

I rather think of joining (or forming) a small group (app. 6 people???) for the Cruise, as prices are not really my budget.

Ok, so: Anybody here is in SGN on 23rd and wants to join? Drop me a message! :)

#4 Posted: 17/11/2010 - 06:38

• jadzia

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010

Hm... I have researched a little more.

Getting away with expenses under 200 Dollar per person seems nearly impossible - maybe if you really have enough people you will end up a little lower - at least if you book it through a travel agency.

Probably the only way avoiding big groups and spending half the budget is to go directly to Can Tho (or Cai Be) and just ask people by the pier.

What do you think, how chances are?
    I mean probably they would earn a lot more cruising us for a day than fishing - but maybe they are not allowed to do so or have problems if they do? Any experiences?

#5 Posted: 17/11/2010 - 21:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Mekong cruise from HCMC to Phnom Penh - suggestions? ... By Sarah23 on 2 Apr 2010 3 3827 6 Apr 2010
Mekong Cruise, HCMC to Phnom Penh anyone recommend? ... By suzienichols on 7 Sep 2010 5 6171 16 Sep 2010
Mekong Delta Cruise HCMC to Rach Gia - 23rd November 2010 - join us??? ... By jadzia on 17 Nov 2010 0 1636 17 Nov 2010
Mekong river cruise ... By 1tsjad21 on 23 Apr 2013 1 1893 25 Apr 2013
Mekong Delta Cruise ... By KatMachine on 8 Feb 2011 6 3013 7 Mar 2011