Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Ho Chi Minh Airport logistics

• jojo123

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2010

We have a few questions on Ho Chi Minh airport(s?) that hopefully someone can answer...
    At the end of our Vietnam trip we are fly from Phu Quoc to HCM City airport in the afternoon, with an onward international flight that says it departs from Tan Son Nhat in the evening. Want to make sure we have enough time between the two flights that day.

- is there only one airport locally ie is Tan Son Nhat the same as HCM City airport (it seems to be so just want to make sure)?
    - how do we get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 and how long would this take?
    - is there much to do to kill time in Terminal 2?

We won't have been to HCM before this transfer, as we arrive in Hanoi not HCM, and our outward Phu Quoc flight is from Can Tho.

#1 Posted: 15/11/2010 - 04:21

• Advertisement

• Vietnam720

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009
    Location Singapore

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Jojo,

1. Tan Son Nhat is the only airport in HCMC.

2. The domestic and international airport is connected with a sheltered walkway that's less than 200m apart.

3. Not much to do in both terminal but there's a shopping center across that's 500m away.

#2 Posted: 15/11/2010 - 08:06

• jojo123

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2010

Thank you very much - now we know we will be in the right place with plenty of time!

#3 Posted: 15/11/2010 - 09:24

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

There is quite a good Foot Massage (Foot Spa) place in the departure area of the Domestic Terminal that I used. I think it was about 130,000VND and really wonderful with soft lighting, music, lounge chairs, and tea is served to each customer. I have never found better any place in Thailand or Vietnam.

(For visitors and travelers who did not remember, you must pass security to access the Foot Spa)

I've never seen a similar spa in the International Terminal.

#4 Posted: 15/11/2010 - 09:39

• jojo123

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2010

Sounds wonderful - I wish it was on international side as that is where our wait will be longest!

#5 Posted: 15/11/2010 - 13:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.