Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Dong Xuan Market

• husun

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2010
    Location Japan

Finally booked my tour to Hanoi . Was researching and kind of see this forum things to buy at Dong Xuan market.

Can anyone advise. If I opted not to bring any winter clothes, backpacker bag and shoes. Is it recommended to buy all this thing in Dong Xuan market? And the price will be very "cheap". as I try not to bring some many "bulky" items, so I choose to buy it there. Any experience to share or any other place in Hanoi is worth a stroll to get all this?

#1 Posted: 15/11/2010 - 17:13

• Advertisement

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

You may have trouble getting things in your size and the clothes in the market are not great quality. I think you'd be better off bringing a warm, light, jacket. Something like polofleece I've found works well because it dries quickly if you need to wash it.

#2 Posted: 16/11/2010 - 05:18

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

You may have trouble getting things in your size and the clothes in the market are not great quality. I think you'd be better off bringing a warm, light, jacket. Something like polofleece I've found works well because it dries quickly if you need to wash it.

#3 Posted: 16/11/2010 - 05:18

• halongcalyp-
    socruiser

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can go shopping Dong Xuan Market but I agree with Violet that you should prepare for your clothes. The quality and the size maybe not suitable for you.
    P/s: You can bargain when buying something in Dong Xuan and some shops in Hang Ngang, Hang Dao as well.

#4 Posted: 18/11/2010 - 14:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.