Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Mui Ne-guesthouse 10-15$ ???

• monia13

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hi ,
    I am on the way to Mui Ne ...Is there anybody staying in nice,cheap guesthouse and could reccommend? I am sick of prices" from the moon" what is so common in this country .Need the room from 18/Nov/10 for 7 days...Please help!

#1 Posted: 16/11/2010 - 00:52

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Well it all depends where you get of the bus. Normally if you take the evening bus from Saigon to Mui Ne, they will drop you off near some resorts that'll cost you around 15$ a night, just walk around a bit (it's only 1 street) and look for some guest houses between the resorts, they're not that easy to find but they are there. I managed to find 1 for 8$ a night (twin bed and private bathroom), though this was 1.5 years ago, but I still think they are there as they were building some more small guest houses as well.

If you still can't find anything try to go back a bit towards Phan Thiet, a really nice town with some good atmosphere and you'll find enough places for less than 10$

#2 Posted: 16/11/2010 - 02:07

• monia13

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

thank,s a lot.I will do and let you know.

#3 Posted: 16/11/2010 - 08:15

• Vietnam720

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009
    Location Singapore

Posted from within Vietnam.

I stayed at Hai Yen Hotel this March for US$13 only. Comes with a pool :)

#4 Posted: 17/11/2010 - 08:57

• monia13

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Thank you!I checked Hai Yen hotel...but now in November they become very greedy...now the price is 30$ per night for double...I did find nice guesthouse for 10$ p/n with free wii-fii in backpacker area on another side of the road.but if I eat or order one drink in nice hotel opposite-I can use their deck for all day.Because I will travel for 2 and half months-I have to manage my budget.Thanks for all advices.

#5 Posted: 17/11/2010 - 10:08

• Vietnam720

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009
    Location Singapore

Try also the Quang Long Hotel Mui Ne. I paid only US$9 and it's located on the side where the beach is. Very basic and good enough :)

#6 Posted: 18/11/2010 - 08:24

• monia13

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

thanks a lot Vietnam 720.I just rented a motorbike so I will find it and check the prices.

#7 Posted: 18/11/2010 - 20:23

• Vietnam720

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009
    Location Singapore

It's 36 Huynh Thuc Khang Street and US$10 :)

#8 Posted: 19/11/2010 - 09:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.