Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Visa on arrival - connecting flight

• sanmarti

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2010

Hi,
    We are flying to Hanoi and have already received our aproval letter for the visa on arrival.
    But we want to take another flight from Hanoi to Dien Bien Phu directly 4 hours after arriving to Hanoi airport.
    Question: Do we have to leave the arrival/customs area (or how is it called) in order to get our visa (and luggage)? The plan is to get the visa and our luggage (bikes) and check in directly for our flights die DBP. Don't know if this works. As well if the time span is too short for all that?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

#1 Posted: 16/11/2010 - 03:18

• Advertisement

• Drifter1dc

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United States

4 hours should be more than enough time to do this. Usually Ha Noi is much quicker than HCMC from what I've heard.

#2 Posted: 16/11/2010 - 04:33

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

You are entering Vietnam and must go through customs/immigration in order to take a domestic flight. DBP is not an international airport - no customs facility.

You get the visa before you go through immigration - the VOA office at HAN is at the bottom of the escalator, and well marked. To speed up the process, I suggest downloading the form that needs to be filled out once you land - the form in PDF:
    http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/form-on-arrival.pdf

I can't help you with the baggage procedure as I use carry-on only.

I'm arriving myself on Fri night. (here's hoping it's speedy)

#3 Posted: 17/11/2010 - 11:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Not enough time to make connecting flight with Air Asia ? ... By scythemk on 27 Sep 2010 3 3845 29 Sep 2010
LHR - BKK - Krabi - time for connecting flight? Advice please! ... By katieandryan on 5 Feb 2009 1 2806 5 Feb 2009
Chinese transit visa? connecting international flights through Shanghai Pudong Airport (PVG) ... By sashanyc28 on 31 Dec 2009 2 14717 16 Oct 2011
Best accomidations under $30 with a late flight arrival ... By sportyshannon on 23 Aug 2010 8 3531 6 Aug 2011
UK flight to BKK then another flight to Laos - Need to stamp Thai visa? ... By Jleef on 27 Apr 2010 2 1764 27 Apr 2010