Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Visa on arrival - connecting flight

Posted by sanmarti on 16/11/2010 at 03:18

Hi,
We are flying to Hanoi and have already received our aproval letter for the visa on arrival.
But we want to take another flight from Hanoi to Dien Bien Phu directly 4 hours after arriving to Hanoi airport.
Question: Do we have to leave the arrival/customs area (or how is it called) in order to get our visa (and luggage)? The plan is to get the visa and our luggage (bikes) and check in directly for our flights die DBP. Don't know if this works. As well if the time span is too short for all that?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

#1 sanmarti has been a member since 16/11/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by Drifter1dc on 16/11/2010 at 04:33

4 hours should be more than enough time to do this. Usually Ha Noi is much quicker than HCMC from what I've heard.

#2 Drifter1dc has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United States. Posts: 12
 Website 

Posted by daawgon on 17/11/2010 at 11:30

You are entering Vietnam and must go through customs/immigration in order to take a domestic flight. DBP is not an international airport - no customs facility.

You get the visa before you go through immigration - the VOA office at HAN is at the bottom of the escalator, and well marked. To speed up the process, I suggest downloading the form that needs to be filled out once you land - the form in PDF:
http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/form-on-arrival.pdf

I can't help you with the baggage procedure as I use carry-on only.

I'm arriving myself on Fri night. (here's hoping it's speedy)

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,093

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.