Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Great Tailor in Hoi An

• averydka99

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,
    Wanted to post my experience working with a small tailor in Hoi An. The name is T & C Cloth Shop at 14 Le Loi St. I got the recommendation from my hotel, the Nhi Trung. You will get a 10% discount if you mention the hotel referred you. I brought a copy of an athletic sleeveless shirt I wanted copied, and I choose a 2-layer wrap skirt from their selection. The bottom layer is silk, the top layer a gauzy, see-thru printed fabric I loved. I paid 20 for the shirt (of which she sewn in a side zipper pocket I forgot to tell her wasn't necessary-no charge) and 35.00 for the skirt. I went in at 1pm, and they were done to PERFECTION at 7pm! I was so thrilled!
    You will be approached by many tailors, quoting lower prices, for example, 15.00 for dress. When you go there, it will be a simple or even unflattering dress pattern, and only 2 or 3 plain dull fabrics to choose from that you wouldn't want! Then as you can imagine, the price goes up significantly from there.
    Why go thru the hassle??? I am so thrilled with my experience with this tailor!

#1 Posted: 19/11/2010 - 07:56

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Great Tailor in Hoi An ... By notacrime on 23 Aug 2007 1 2453 23 Aug 2007