Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hoi An Guesthouse (and foodie buddy)

• nattitatti

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a guesthouse (or hotel or hostel) in Hoi An ? Ive read all the posts but many are about 3 yrs old and was wondering if anyone has current recommendations? Ideally about the $10-$15 mark (or less :)

On another note, Ive been told about a great restaurant in Hoi An called the Mango Room and was wondering if anyone wants to join me to go there. I should be in Hoi an by the weekend.

Thanks for any help
    Nat

#1 Posted: 1/12/2010 - 17:02

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

I haven't been to Hoi An recently, but I did love the Nhi Trung Hotel then - $15. Chances are prices have increased a tad since then. I can tell you that in my humble opinion, Mango Rooms is way overpriced and not terribly good. I too was drawn in by the reviews, but did not walk out of there a satisfied customer. Personally, I enjoyed the cheaper places in town like the Laugh Cafe, Miss Ly's Cafeteria, Cargo Club and Cafe 96.

#2 Posted: 4/12/2010 - 08:38

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

I agree that the Mango room is way overpriced with tiny amounts on the plate and the food is not great, and certainly not authentic. Hoi An tends to be more expensive than other towns anyway, with many of the restaurants owned by expats, but Mango room is more expensive than anywhere else I saw.

Worth having a look at Cafe Amis. I quite like Miss Ly too, or you might look further afield for local street food.

#3 Posted: 7/12/2010 - 06:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.