Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Good Food - Hanoi

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

I just ate a great dinner in the Old Quarter at Blue Butterfly, 61 Hang Buom, really my best meal in some time in Vietnam. I was beginning to think all Viet dishes were either Pho or greasy fried foods, but now that I've had some good Viet cooking, I've changed my mind. This place is not real cheap, and not real expensive. I paid 170,000VND for a nice 3-course seafood dinner, and I will return real real soon.

#1 Posted: 2/12/2010 - 21:23

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007

For my last night in Hanoi, I ate at KITI RESTAURANT ON 38 HANG HOM ST. Since I was really overeating while in Hanoi, I wanted something lighter for my last dinner. I ordered just spring rolls, soup and a drink, but the presentation of the meal was so excellent, the food so good, and the place so comfortable, I just wish I had tried this place a lot sooner. I will be back.

#2 Posted: 14/12/2010 - 13:27

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007

If you're just looking for a nice cafe for coffee or other drinks, you can't beat the comfortable and new DAB Cafe on lower Bat Su (across from the Joy Hotel near Hang Phen). This place is so relaxing and the 2nd floor terrace so inviting with tropical plants and resident bird. DAB Cafe even has Western-size, dark wooden chairs.

#3 Posted: 14/12/2010 - 13:37

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Great posts daawgon. I clearly have to visit Hanoi again

#4 Posted: 14/12/2010 - 13:53

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007

The best pizza in Hanoi is at the Luna d'Autunno Restaurant - 78 Tho Nhuom (in the shadow of the Melia Hotel). As a pizza gourmet myself, I'd give it an 8 out of 10 (good, but certainly no match for a New Jersey pizza).

(reviewed at:
    http://newhanoian.xemzi.com/venue/show/145/Luna-dAutunno)

#5 Posted: 19/12/2010 - 05:05

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007

Still, my favorite place to eat in Hanoi remains to be Foodshop 45 - a very relaxing Indian restaurant out on Truc Bach Lake. Foodshop is reviewed here:

http://newhanoian.xemzi.com/en/venue/show/307/Foodshop-45

#6 Posted: 19/12/2010 - 05:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Good food on Ko Yao Noi? ... By daydreamfarmer on 17 Jul 2013 3 1147 22 Jul 2013