Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Guesthouses in MuiNe???

• BigJim

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2006

Hi, I'm arriving in SGN on Dec 23rd about 4:00pm and was hoping to get to MuiNe and into a guesthouse the same day. I've emailed Hong Di, Keng, and Paradise Huts through this site but haven't gotten anything back from any of them. Can you give me some hints on how to get there and into a hut for the holidays. Thank you.

Big Jim

#1 Posted: 6/12/2006 - 07:10

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Big Jim,

Welcome to Travelfish.

If you arrive at SGN late afternoon, your only option will be to take an open tour bus from Pham Ngu Lao north to Mui Ne. That would get you into Mui Ne in late evening.

I'd give the guesthouses a few more days to reply, or perhaps send them a reminder -- they're all small, family run businesses. At worst, give them a call when you get to Saigon.

#2 Posted: 6/12/2006 - 14:41

• BigJim

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2006

Hi somtam

Thank you for your reply. I heard from Keng and they are full. The others haven't replied. I hear that a car and driver (taxi) from the airport is an option that albeit much more expensive, would be much quicker. Do you know how fiesable this is? If I show up at night will the budget places be open?

Sorry to trouble you. It's my first time to vietnam and I'm coming with a first time traveler from work and trying to make it as easy as possible. I very much appreciate any assistance and information.

BigJim

#3 Posted: 9/12/2006 - 11:56

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Jim,

I asked our Saigon hand and he said he thought you'd need to arrange something like this beforehand -- though he wasn't 100% sure.

I guess you could show up and get a taxi to go there, but it would cost quite a bit... it's about 4 hours by minibus, so a guess a cab could do it in three -- no idea on price though sorry.

Doesn't matter how late you get there, places will always have someone at least semi-awake to show you a room (if they have one).

#4 Posted: 9/12/2006 - 13:25

• BigJim

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2006

Thank you Somtam

I'll start calling Monday. After MuiNe We're heading to Hoi An For some clothes then eventually Ha Long Bay. We fly out of Hanoi on the 4th. Between Hoi An and Hanoi, where would you reccomend being for New Years Eve?

#5 Posted: 10/12/2006 - 23:05

• BigJim

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2006

Well, I made a couple calls to Mui Ne and unfortunately the prices they gave me on the phone were double the prices posted here, and they didn't budge when I told them about the internet prices. So, it looks like I'll have to try and get there eventually and hopefully work something out then. Not my first choice for the holiday season but don't see any other options. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Big Jim

#6 Posted: 14/12/2006 - 06:32

• halu

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2006

I don't know if I can be of help with your Mui Ne dilemma, but I would recommend Hanoi over Hoi An for new year's. Hoi An is a gorgeous town, and the clothing tailoring is fun, but it didn't seem to have much of a fun night life. Hanoi would have some great variety, I would assume.

Good luck!

#7 Posted: 24/12/2006 - 07:30

• BigJim

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks Halu, I'm in Mui Ne now. Had to spend a night in Saigon and take the bus next day. Was relatively painless, hate losing beach days though : ) . I am in a bare bones place in Mui Ne until tomorrow when we'll try to get to Hoi An by train. Thanks for the Hanoi tip. Sounds like a good one.

Happy Holidays

#8 Posted: 25/12/2006 - 12:41

• BigJim

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2006

Happy New Year Everyone, and thanks for the advice and info. I'm back home in Tokyo now and already looking forward to when I can go again. Hanoi for new years was very cool. Weather in Halong was crap but we spent a little more for a one night deluxe tour and were very pleased. Food was phenominal. Overall, Vietnam was easily one of my best trips ever

Kudos to travelfish for being out there.

Thanks All
    Big Jim

#9 Posted: 6/1/2007 - 15:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.