Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

getting a visa in cambodia

• ann1986

Joined Travelfish
    8th December, 2010
    Location United States

Hi, all ~~

I'm arriving in Cambodia on January 20th, then heading to Vietnam on the 26th or 27th. I've heard that it's possible to get same-day visas to Vietnam in Cambodia. Has anyone out there done this? Is it the easiest way to get a visa or is it better to organize one ahead of time?

Thanks!
    Ann

#1 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 13:22

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Just arrange it while you are in Cambodia, no problem at all! I was to lazy to go to the embassy so just drop your visa off at some tourist center with a photo and you'll have it back the next day and pay $2 dollars extra for it cause you don't do it yourself. easy.

#2 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 16:15

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

If you find yourself in Sihanoukville, you can go to the Vietnamese consulate (any tuk-tuk driver will take you there). Takes all of 15 mins. Very painless. 
    However it might pay to read this post on another forum for possible pitfalls on waiting to the last minute http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293921-i8432-k4101982-URGENT_Visa_advise_needed-Vietnam.html

#3 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 18:31

• ann1986

Joined Travelfish
    8th December, 2010
    Location United States

hey, thanks for all the good advice! i think i'll take my chances and wait until i'm in cambodia to get the visa. does anyone know how much it is for a u.s. citizen?

#4 Posted: 22/12/2010 - 07:05

• oasisbarhat-
    ien

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

In Sihanoukville,it's 45USD for a 30 day single entry tourist visa at the Vietnamese Consulate there.It's the same for all nationalities.

#5 Posted: 22/12/2010 - 08:22

• ann1986

Joined Travelfish
    8th December, 2010
    Location United States

i'm entering vietnam via the mekong~~
    what's an approval letter? is it much cheaper?

#6 Posted: 22/12/2010 - 09:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.