Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Saigon Cafe Travel

• ShanleyJ

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2010

Hello! I read through the travelfish website for info on the Ha Long Bay tours and went with the Flashpacker choice and contacted and reserved with Saigon Cafe Travel. After reading the travelfish site about Vietnam and the huge amount of scams, especially on Ha Long Bay tours, I was wondering if anyone could vouch for this agency or share any experiences. We leave in 8 days, any advice would be so great. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 14:38

• Advertisement

• sems

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2010

I don't have any experience with this company, I understand your apprehension with the scam aspect of Halong Bay, there are seemingly a million different options and apparently some come with free rats and no food!!
    Firstly I don't know if what you have booked comes with transfers from Hanoi to Cat Ba, but I can vouch for the Hoang Long bus company transfers (big bus, mini bus, boat, mini bus 4hrs $11USD) which sounds more daunting than it is. It is well organized, runs 4 times a day and is so cheap! More on that later...
    Secondly I don't know what you want to do (junk boat, overnight cruises, kayaking, swimming, rock climbing) but I can suggest you check out slopony adventures, they have a great website, friendly and helpful non-pushy advise on just about everything (probably not a rival company though!!) We found their prices amazingly cheap (they have a base price, then the more people who go the less you pay, obviously you pay more for private tours) And they have a comprehensive step by step of the Hoang Long transfers.
    I know that experiences are subjective to personal taste, one man's trash and all that, but we were so happy with them we went out twice, and I can say that we could fault nothing, great staff, plenty of lunch (simple but tasty), street prices drinks, and a casual hassle free feel to the whole day and heard no complaints from any other passengers. You could check them out before you go and see if they offer more than your current booking, especially if you haven't paid any money. Travel safe :)

#2 Posted: 19/12/2010 - 07:09

• passthatver-
    sace

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

To the original poster...how was your experience with Saigon Cafe travels? I am about to book with them and I can't find any other reviews about them since the Travel Fish article was posted.

#3 Posted: 28/8/2012 - 23:21

• russeet

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2013

Hi there,

Does anyone else have any experiences with this company? Am really looking for someone's review of them and their experience.

Many Thanks

#4 Posted: 25/5/2013 - 04:41

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

You get what you pay for when it comes to Halong Bay cruises - I advise you to go with a company with some experience and references, buyer beware!

#5 Posted: 25/5/2013 - 12:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.