Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Arriving in Ho Chi Minh at 1230 am

• nickolt

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2010

Hello.

My bf and I will be travelling through SE Asia this Jan through May. We have a flight booked from Manila into Ho Chi Minh. The only problem is that our flight lands at 1230 am in HCM. How safe/advisable is it to take a taxi into the city at this time ? Would it just be better to hang out in the airport till daylight? We will be booking our hostel ahead of time so that it wont be a problem finding somewhere to stay. Just not sure if taking a taxi at that time is going to be safe or if the airport security will even let us stay in the airport until morning.

Thanks for any advice and help !

#1 Posted: 28/12/2010 - 13:39

• Advertisement

• PhongVietnam

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2010

Hi,

Just ask your hotel to arrange a pick up. Should not stay at the airport until daylight as you might be tired after the long flight.

Cheers.

#2 Posted: 28/12/2010 - 16:02

• nickolt

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2010

hmm we are planning to stay in a hostel, dont think those would arrange airport pickup unless anyone knows of one that does ?

#3 Posted: 28/12/2010 - 21:24

• JiroIsCount-
    ing

Joined Travelfish
    23rd December, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello Nickolt,

Seems you will be arriving from a cebu p. flight.
    I've tried that before and arrive around 1am in TSN Airport in HCMC (Saigon City) and ride a taxi going to Bui Vien,Dist. 1.....Taking a taxi will not be a major problem. I suggest you pick either Mai Lin or Vina Sun taxis. They have some staff outside the airport (at a taxi stand), ask for a taxi and they will radio one for you...Some taxis we really dont trust, due to many complaints we heard from others..... Write the address of the hotel in a paper, most of the taxi drivers dont speak english.... dont stay in the airport...it will not be convenient for you....one more thing i must add, if you ride those taxis i mentioned get the number of the taxi (the one posted infront of the window near the dashboard-incase you forgot something, your hotel can call the company and get your stuff back).....travel safe and enjoy staying in HCMC...

#4 Posted: 29/12/2010 - 08:06

• puretravel

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2010

Phone ahead to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh and use their service or get them to recommend a taxi service. Don't stay in the actual terminal, its pretty sparse.

#5 Posted: 30/12/2010 - 02:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Arriving Late in Ho Chi Minh ... By TheOtherOne on 1 May 2009 2 1995 2 May 2009
Arriving at Ho Chi Minh City at midnight ... By LGR_2010 on 7 Apr 2010 16 8582 1 Nov 2012