Face Book blocked in Vietnam

• Travelindoc-
    hine

Click here to learn more about Travelindochine
    Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2008
    Location Vietnam

Hello Tom,

you can use this link: www.lisp4.facebook.com to access your facebook or change DNS
    Good luck

#1 Posted: 3/1/2011 - 07:33

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Welcome to my world - facebook has been blocked on mainland China since the riots in &*%(*%^$&^*&%*&%*%^%*&%*%*&%&*%*&%

end transmission

#2 Posted: 3/1/2011 - 16:02

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

There are numerous workarounds. I lost Facebook for about a day. It's back up and running as indeed are many of my Vietnamese friends. Word soon gets out. Take a look at http://www.hotspot-shield.com/ which a friend is using. Other work rounds are as mentioned above. Also this works http://www.vinarentals.com/blog/expats-living-in-vietnam/how-to-access-facebook-in-vietnam
    Happy FaceBooking
    :-)

#3 Posted: 4/1/2011 - 01:09

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

What is it with communist regimes. I have a friend in Vietnam, and man, she just HATES the government there. She tells me everything's a rule or regulation. My son's girlfriend is Chinese - and she can't just leave. She has to have an exit permit to leave the country. WTF?

#4 Posted: 4/1/2011 - 01:20

• chelsea

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2010

Is lisp4.facebook.com working for anyone now? I haven't been able to use it for about five days.

#5 Posted: 5/2/2011 - 22:17

• Randy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

...Should we put aside political viewpoints about vn in this "Travel" forum? Tis...for tat! I'm not a fan of any political view. But the fact is,.. under tight grips of Vietnam Government, the country is very SAFE and cheap for international travellers. As international traveller myself, that is what I look forward...and else???? that might belongs to some sort of ...Freedom fighters in...other forums. I love to travel to vn anyway, due to vn people hospitality, safe environment, cheap accomodation, fancy and good foods...very friendly people given to the fact that vn had been through war-torn country in the past. Should learn a lot from Vietnamese people way of living, dealing with their difficulty with all smily faces....

#6 Posted: 6/2/2011 - 00:24

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

chelsea
    Is lisp4.facebook.com working for anyone now? I haven't been able to use it for about five days.

Even though i can access FB by doing the other suggested tweaks, I get an error and unable to access lisp4.facebook.com when I try. You might need to go play with the box!
    PM me if you need any more info.

#7 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 18:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.