Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Dalat to Nha Trang

• MorrieC

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2010

Six of us will be traveling together in early March and would like to go from Dalat to Nha Trang .

How long will this trip take? Can we hire a driver and a car in Dalat to drive us to Nha Trang or will we need to travel by other means?

Thank you
    Morrie

#1 Posted: 2/1/2011 - 23:56

• Advertisement

• JiroIsCount-
    ing

Joined Travelfish
    23rd December, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Not sure about renting a car....maybe cheaper , since you are 6...

From DALAT to Nha Trang 5-6 hours by bus...They said there is a new road now, and travel time is only 2-3 hours (not sure about this though)...

Travel Safe and Enjoy...

#2 Posted: 3/1/2011 - 08:19

• duong

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2010

Hi,

There are a new road to connect Dalat and Nha Trang and it will take around 5 hours to get to Nha Trang from Dalat.

You could take the public bus ( big bus with AC) it is quite convenience for you and it is the cheapest kind of transfer.

Or you could ask your reception ( at your hotel in Dalat) to arrange a private transfer for 6 of you. They will arrange a mini van ( 16 seater vehicle) for you. Of course, the cost is much higher than the public bus.

#3 Posted: 3/1/2011 - 16:21

• MorrieC

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2010

Thank you for the information. This is great help in planing our trip.

Morrie

#4 Posted: 3/1/2011 - 20:00

• vietnamrum

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

On Jan 29th I returned to Nha Trang after 6 nights in Dalat. I traveled by motorbike. My girlfriend normally makes it 4.5 hours but i took closer to 7 with her on the back of the bike.

We had 2 stops for coffee and took loads of photos.

The rerurn trip there was a landslide blocking the road. More info and photos at:-
    http://owee58.com/2011/02/nha-trang-to-dalat-mountain-pass-landslide-on-fri-29th-jan-2011/

There is a new highway for part of the way. They are extending it. When we were going to Dalat this part was bad due to the mud and water combination. About an hour from Nha trang where you turn to go towards Dalat the road has lots of pot wholes for several ks.

There are buses to / from Dalat/Nha Trang. Yip you can rent a vehicle/driver or taxi.
    Take warm clothes. You can buy there. Huge market area.
    Enjoy

#5 Posted: 1/2/2011 - 10:06

• Randy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

..Here is experience from Randy, Canada about Dalat, NhaTrang. From Saigon, I and my wife took a train to NhaTrang, night train with sleeper cabin enough for 4 to 5 people, door could be locked from inside, window with steel grid, total safe. We ended up in Nhatrang around 5am. After a few days there, we took the bus to Dalat through NgoanMuc pass, beautiful scenery. Arriving to Dalat, we pick a hotel a few blocks away from tourist area, cheap, air conditioning, but you wouldn't want AC due to cold weather at night time. We rented a Honda Future, I believe 100cc,(5US per day and the bike was almost brand-new) exploring all kinds of surroundings. And we found out, the most beautiful waterfalls are not accessible by buses, beauti...beautiful scenes without human presence even fewer than 2 tourists around, but I'm a little bit scare for...some tigers coming out from bushes and...eat us. We camped there for whole day, swimming under the waterfall and enjoy picnic carried with us, (no shops, restaurants within 5km around) To me and my wife, we are fan of motorcycling at anytime possible. So, I am total satisfied with DaLat, NhaTrang travelling..Remember, have a light jacket(you can buy them at Dalat market, super cheap) when strolling around XuanHuong lake at evening or you might catch the cold then..no more fun. Raincoats are super cheap and were sold every where around streets of Dalat. Make sure to enjoy all good foods at DaLat market. I love those foods sitting outdoor, enjoy the lively streets and too many different foods to choose from within...a few steps. Before leaving Dalat, do not forget to buy Vietnamese famous coffee right in DaLat market or you'll regret later when you realize you missed the opportunity. Myself, I bought 5 kilograms of coffee and found out still...NOT ENOUGH due to the sharing with friends back home! Cheer and wish you all have good trip.

#6 Posted: 5/2/2011 - 23:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Dalat ... By Evahu_210 on 12 May 2009 1 3597 12 May 2009
Road from Nha Trang to Dalat ... By mlr on 11 Aug 2009 7 12131 5 May 2010
Nha Trang - Dalat (Motortour) ... By bartdebruijn87 on 27 Aug 2012 3 2676 18 Sep 2012
night bus from Nha Trang to Dalat ... By npeng on 3 May 2009 4 5083 6 May 2009
Road from Nha Trang to Dalat ... By claire87uk on 21 Apr 2014 3 635 29 Apr 2014
Visit to HCMC/ DALAT/ N.TRANG/ MUI NE ... By KIPPERTHAI on 18 Mar 2010 0 3266 18 Mar 2010
Easy Riders Nha Trang and Dalat ... By Jogilroy on 11 Aug 2007 1 3352 12 Aug 2007
New Scenic Road from Nha Trang to Dalat ... By alohatiger on 7 May 2008 2 4170 7 May 2008
Ho Chi Minh - Dalat - Nha Trang - Hanoi - Ha Long Bay ... By gladysymho on 2 May 2011 4 7034 18 May 2011
Motorbike for sale around the 25th of feb in HCMC, Dalat or Nha Trang! ... By Janneke90 on 17 Feb 2012 0 975 17 Feb 2012