Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Volunteers

• booboo

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2011

My partner and myself will be heading to Vietnam in 2 months and will be staying there for a 2 months or possibly more. We would very much like to volunteer and are happy to either pay reasonable costs or to sort out our own accomodation etc. We both have an i-to-i certificate in TEFL. However we are happy to be involved in any useful project and we are finding it difficult to find one that isn't just based on paying a huge fee. We are unfortunately don't have the funds for this on this trip although we would be more than happy to donate to a worthwhile organisation once we are working again. Any suggestions ????

#1 Posted: 8/1/2011 - 15:58

• Advertisement

• francesstel-
    la

Click here to learn more about francesstella
    Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2009
    Location Italy

Hi Booboo,

A friend of mine volunteered in HCMC at the Christina Noble Children's Foundation - you can find out more here: http://www.cncf.org/en/home/index.php. I visited her during her stay, she said it was one of the most rewarding experiences of her life and was very enthusiastic about the work CNCF does.

I seem to remember you weren't required to pay any fees but the minimum stay required is 3 months.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Take care,

FSH

#2 Posted: 9/1/2011 - 02:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.