Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Bikes & Borders

• gill1

Joined Travelfish
    9th April, 2010

Sorry Guys

I have searched but not found the answer to my question. Can I ask if we buy second hand bikes in Vietnam can we cross with them to Cambodia & Laos?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 17/1/2011 - 02:29

• Advertisement

• FearDark77

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hellas,
    I did. :). Bought a bike in Saigon and traveled trough most of Vietnam and Cambodia. Never had any Problem at the Borders, no one really cared about my Bike. Just get the Stamp, pay for the Visa and that's it. And Police seems to be ordered to not stop foreigners. I have been stopped once in Cambodia-only to tell me to turn on my headlight. But like i heard from other travelers, Laos wont let you in anymore with a bike.Dont know if true or not.
    Anyway, i think it is the best way to explore SEA. A Bike gives you so much freedom, and i hate buses.
    I am Saigon right now and finished my trip after 3500 Kilometers. Have to sell my Bike and have to go home.
    Hoped it helped you
    Cheers

#2 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 14:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.