Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

hanoi hotel

• kerrysimon

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2011

hi! my husband and i are flying into hanoi april 1st and want to spend our first 2 nights in a nice hotel with a pool. (roughing it the rest of the trip :) thinking about the intercontinental westlake and the sheraton hanoi. i think the sofitel is bit overpriced from what i see on their website, but not ruling it out if it really is amazing. any ideas or opinions? thanks!

#1 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 05:23

• Advertisement

• jackdsilva12

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2011

I think you should stay in Jysk Hotel in Hanoi it is a hot-spot for tourists from all over the world.

#2 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 15:22

• duong

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

I suggest you should stay at Intercontinental West Lake Hanoi hotel. It is a very nice 5 star hotel. Beside that, the cost is quite resonable.

Cheers,

#3 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 15:36

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

While those hotels are very nice, the problem in Hanoi is location (most traveler's appreciate the Old Quarter, and West Lake is quite some distance from there - Hanoi cabs can be a real pain with all the scams! I suggest you stay at one of the new 3 or 4 star properties in the Old Qtr, and save the "pool" hotel for Hoi An. I suggest the new Art Hotel or one of the Elegance hotels - look at the reviews at Tripadvisor,

#4 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 02:34

• egg1964

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2011

Hi There, we have booked the Hanoi Moment, and the reviews have been terrific, we cannot wait

#5 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 16:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.