Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Con dao

• ellengerda

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2008

Hello,

Thinking off going to the Con Dao islands around 5 Feb..must be really beautifull! Don't want to pay more than $30 per night, any suggestions? I'm travelling in my own, is this a place for backpackers or is it a family island? Maybe somebody with te same plans? Let me know...

#1 Posted: 28/1/2011 - 17:49

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

It's beautiful but also extremely quiet. Also not a backpackers destination with a social atmosphere.

Bring a good book or a companion. If you're not the type that likes to do things alone I'd advise against going. The few backpackers that make it to the islands are couples and are not really looking for someone to tag along.

If you go alone you have to entertain yourself.

#2 Posted: 30/1/2011 - 09:06

• ti325v

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Con Dao....VERY laid back, not much tourist infrastructure. Very family friendly.
    Extremely low hassle factor.

#3 Posted: 2/2/2011 - 07:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.