Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

WHICH ARE THE CHAEP PLACES TO VISIT IN VIETNAM?

• SIKELGAITA

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2011

Hey! I'm in Saigon, during the TET, incredible! but here everyting it's so expensive (i have to travel other 3 months). Could someone suggest me some cheap places to visit and beaches? thanx

#1 Posted: 1/2/2011 - 05:34

• Advertisement

• vietnamrum

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have been floating around SE Asia for 3 years. I have been spending a lot of time in Nha Trang . The last 3 months here the weather has been really bad but the last couple of days the sun has been out but it has been very windy.

Not been to Mui Ne but its a beach area between Saigon and Nha Trang.

Vietnam is a long coast therefor one big beach. Nha trang is a beach town. The tourist area has a few places that you can rent a bed to sit out in the sun such as The sailing club and Louisiane Brewhouse.

I stay a few ks from the tourist area so use a different beach.
    Since i live here i pay $5 a night for a guesthouse with cable TV, aircon, internet and fridge.
    Over TET Nha Trang and Mui Ne will be busy. So you have to search harder to get a cheaper guesthouse.

Bus and train availability will be limited as well

Food and Drink is cheap in Vietnam even the western run businesses.
    If you dirnk in the 1 litre beer hoi 7000 vnd or INOX 20000 vnd (silver flash 2 litres) it gets really cheap.
    If you eat at the local places it can be very cheap. So can be cheap or really cheap.

I just had 6 days in Dalat - mountain area - lots of hotels i pad $5 a night. Great spot.

Hoi an is a beautiful town. Spent a month there over the last couple of years. I paid $7 for a room. rent a bike to get to the beach several ks from town. there are 500 tailors if you like getting clothes made.

Hue ancient capital of Vietnam, citadel, river cruise to the tombs.

Hanoi - prefer here more than Saigon, the old quarter, lakes

Ha-long-bay - great boat trip, we went to the where the boats go and got the trip for half the price about $12 - i stayed in ha long city for 3 days. very small village but nice
    paid $5 2 years ago but you have to look around to get a good price.

Not been to Sapa. Supposed to be great.

check out http://www.vietnamtravel.org has a summary of places to visit.

i have been traveling overland and never had a problem. just make sure you carry some extra small US Dollar amounts for the tea money service charge. Laos to Vietnam its $1.

easy to extend your vietnam visa from with in.

canbypublications.com great info on canbodia and traveling overland.

enjoy

#2 Posted: 1/2/2011 - 09:00

• jackdsilva12

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2011

I have came through that Hanoi Backpacker's Hostel is a good place where you can hang around at a cheapest price, but make sure you have your own room, probably you can roam around the city and stay there, which is a good alternative for the luxury accommodations :)

#3 Posted: 1/2/2011 - 14:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Places to visit in Burma?? ... By harry142 on 4 Aug 2011 5 2040 6 Aug 2011
Great Places for a Couple to Visit ... By thewanderer on 25 Aug 2011 6 2089 27 Aug 2011
visiting Australia - need recommendations on places to visit ... By melloluis on 7 Jan 2010 0 1656 7 Jan 2010
more places to visit in Cambodia-Kirirom and Kampong Speu ... By sayadian on 13 Sep 2009 5 4372 30 Nov 2009
travelling thailand with 12 yr old for xmas and new year, best places to visit. ... By aynat73 on 13 Oct 2009 3 1922 13 Oct 2009
Thailand - Railay Beach; Nearby Places to Visit?!? Advice Appreciated. ... By elocinoop on 29 Oct 2011 1 1195 29 Oct 2011