Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Quick visit to Vietnam in late Sept - Planes, trains or automobiles?

• gabic1

Joined Travelfish
    23rd December, 2010

I am planning my honeymoon in Thailand in late September and I am looking to trek and explore for the first 7 nights so I thought why no pop over to Vietnam & Cambodia... below is what i want to do... these are the key things which i can spread over the 7 nights but I am unsure what the weather is like this time of year as i heard the roads etc are no the best... If i fly everywhere the cost is high... can i lower the cost by trains or coach without extending my stay for over 7 days?
    Day 1 - fly to HCMC - driver pick you up at the airport and take you to the tunnels, then drop you off at your hotel in HCMC
    Day 2 - Mekong delta (same day return)

Day 3 - explore in HCMC and fly to Siem Reap in the evening

Day 4 & 5 - temples

Again I hope i can explore all of these places even tho it is monsoon season... all advice welcome :)

#1 Posted: 1/2/2011 - 17:17

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
how late is too late to book flights and trains in December, January ... By soccertaxi on 27 Oct 2007 6 2562 11 Nov 2007
Islands - late sept to mid october ... By YellowVanDan on 17 Sep 2008 8 3512 24 Sep 2008
Perhentian islands and Taman Negara in late Sept - Oct ... By gilrand on 27 Jul 2009 9 10112 14 Aug 2011