Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Haircut in HCMC

• Randy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

...To me, every trip into vn, one of my "habits" is...HairCut in Vietnam. Compared to Western environments, I couldn't find NOWHERE would give you a better, detail haircut services...and...as CHEAP as in Vietnam. In fact, every trip in vn, I visited barbershops every...10 days. There, you can relax or even nap on the chair(which sometimes I did) while the barber carefully trims your hair the way you want, listen to music...the way you want if you don't want to listen to...their Vietnamese musics..(Mostly classic rock and roll or Beatles in English). They would shave., with brand-new razor, take out your ear wax(if you want) with sterilized tools by alcohol, wash it (if you want) and little upper weird, funny massage...for....around 5bucks is the most, right in HCMC. To get upper scale with air-conditioning, tinted window glasses shops and with services by young female barbers, you would have to pay a little bit more, but be honest, to me, it's worth....That's why I 'd be frequent customer for different barbershops every time I'd be in HCMC. Just a litte share with all international travellers....And my wife? who the hell I 'd know. She, too..whenever coming to haircut/beauti services, we were SEPARATED on each own way and the point is? We were all happy with that. Cheer!

#1 Posted: 6/2/2011 - 02:30

• Advertisement

• riverspot

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

Mmmmm?

#2 Posted: 23/7/2011 - 15:19

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Here's to Vietnamese hairdressers, unsung heroes in my book.They give wonderful service and as you say listen to what you want.I could get my hair cut for $1 in Phnom Penh but instead opt for an upmarket Vietnamese salon with air-conditioning for $2

I went to one in Danang, early afternoon and the hairdresser's boss looked like a 1940's spiv in a double-breasted chalk stripe suit and pencil-line moustache (I swear this is true)
    Whilst my hair was being cut I heard a cacophony of 'clip-clops' and in the mirror witnessed a phalanx of girls identically dressed in red tops and red mini skirts precariously making their way to the back of the shop on ridiculously high-heels.When the barber saw me look he smiled and handed me a card which had figures on it and was obviously a price-list; but it was in Vietnamese, so I wonder what services were on offer?
    :-)

#3 Posted: 23/7/2011 - 17:25

• riverspot

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2008

You wish!

#4 Posted: 23/7/2011 - 17:28

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Riverspot
    you're a person of few words
    ;-)

#5 Posted: 23/7/2011 - 18:35

• riverspot

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2008

Better than lengthy self titillation eh?

#6 Posted: 23/7/2011 - 20:45

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

hardly Oscar Wilde but the attempt was there.Not quite sure what your brief comment implies.It was a mere observation on my part which I found amusing at the time.
    If you have any experience of S.E.Asia you would know that 'hairdresser' has many connotations.

#7 Posted: 23/7/2011 - 22:38

• riverspot

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2008

Indeed, but most in the know ...
    don't amuse themselves so

#8 Posted: 24/7/2011 - 04:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.