Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Haircut in HCMC

Posted by Randy on 6/2/2011 at 02:30

...To me, every trip into vn, one of my "habits" is...HairCut in Vietnam. Compared to Western environments, I couldn't find NOWHERE would give you a better, detail haircut services...and...as CHEAP as in Vietnam. In fact, every trip in vn, I visited barbershops every...10 days. There, you can relax or even nap on the chair(which sometimes I did) while the barber carefully trims your hair the way you want, listen to music...the way you want if you don't want to listen to...their Vietnamese musics..(Mostly classic rock and roll or Beatles in English). They would shave., with brand-new razor, take out your ear wax(if you want) with sterilized tools by alcohol, wash it (if you want) and little upper weird, funny massage...for....around 5bucks is the most, right in HCMC. To get upper scale with air-conditioning, tinted window glasses shops and with services by young female barbers, you would have to pay a little bit more, but be honest, to me, it's worth....That's why I 'd be frequent customer for different barbershops every time I'd be in HCMC. Just a litte share with all international travellers....And my wife? who the hell I 'd know. She, too..whenever coming to haircut/beauti services, we were SEPARATED on each own way and the point is? We were all happy with that. Cheer!

#1 Randy has been a member since 3/2/2011. Posts: 28

Posted by riverspot on 23/7/2011 at 15:19

Mmmmm?

#2 riverspot has been a member since 3/1/2008. Posts: 25

Posted by sayadian on 23/7/2011 at 17:25

Here's to Vietnamese hairdressers, unsung heroes in my book.They give wonderful service and as you say listen to what you want.I could get my hair cut for $1 in Phnom Penh but instead opt for an upmarket Vietnamese salon with air-conditioning for $2

I went to one in Danang, early afternoon and the hairdresser's boss looked like a 1940's spiv in a double-breasted chalk stripe suit and pencil-line moustache (I swear this is true)
Whilst my hair was being cut I heard a cacophony of 'clip-clops' and in the mirror witnessed a phalanx of girls identically dressed in red tops and red mini skirts precariously making their way to the back of the shop on ridiculously high-heels.When the barber saw me look he smiled and handed me a card which had figures on it and was obviously a price-list; but it was in Vietnamese, so I wonder what services were on offer?
:-)

#3 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by riverspot on 23/7/2011 at 17:28

You wish!

#4 riverspot has been a member since 3/1/2008. Posts: 25

Posted by sayadian on 23/7/2011 at 18:35

Riverspot
you're a person of few words
;-)

#5 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by riverspot on 23/7/2011 at 20:45

Better than lengthy self titillation eh?

#6 riverspot has been a member since 3/1/2008. Posts: 25

Posted by sayadian on 23/7/2011 at 22:38

hardly Oscar Wilde but the attempt was there.Not quite sure what your brief comment implies.It was a mere observation on my part which I found amusing at the time.
If you have any experience of S.E.Asia you would know that 'hairdresser' has many connotations.

#7 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by riverspot on 24/7/2011 at 04:25

Indeed, but most in the know ...
don't amuse themselves so

#8 riverspot has been a member since 3/1/2008. Posts: 25

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.