Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Need advise and tips....First Timers from Malaysia....planning to Hanoi...

• jivie798

Joined Travelfish
    6th February, 2011

5 of us are planning a week trip to hanoi and ha long bay...
    But as a first time backpacker.... we need advise, eg. where should we leave our pasports while doing water activities like kayaking....can we trust them to the guide?
    If any of the members have tips, do tell us...
    Thank you....

#1 Posted: 6/2/2011 - 19:21

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Personally I wouldn't take my passport for water activities. I'd leave it somewhere secure like safety deposit box at the hotel and carry a photo-copy of my passport with me.

#2 Posted: 6/2/2011 - 21:55

• Randy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

...As I know of, most of hotels in vn are responsible for your passports and they will keep your passports until you actually leave. If you don't want to cover fee during your absence for a few days of your short trips somewhere, just let them know and ask them for safe lockers. They would clean up your room and ready rent out for other guests but most of your heavy luggages also passports will stay with them until you come back. That's what I did in most of my hotel stays in vn. Wish you all have good trip and enjoy it...Keep in mind that...choose your "base", that way you would be freely to travel within vn.

#3 Posted: 6/2/2011 - 21:58

• jivie798

Joined Travelfish
    6th February, 2011

Thank you people...
    I really appreciate your opinion...

#4 Posted: 7/2/2011 - 17:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Planning SEA, need advise ... By cocovanilla on 16 Dec 2010 9 2067 18 Dec 2010
Planning a trip to South East Asia...Would like advise on things to do and see ... By thatscottishlad on 4 Nov 2013 5 1715 6 Nov 2013