Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

con dao

• kerrysimon

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2011

wondering if anyone has been to con dao and has an opinion of the island and where to stay.
    we are thinking of the con dao resort? the seatravel looks nice in pictures, but has terrible reviews online. any opinions?
    how about boat trips to the smaller island, tre lon and bay canh? are these easy to arrange?
    thanks for any info you can give me!

#1 Posted: 14/2/2011 - 04:40

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

My last visit was 2 years ago and there wasn't much choice nor difference. Best to spend time outtdoors anyway. All hotels and resorts are along the seaside strip in Main town but have the road between them and the sea.

boat trips. Unless things have changed dramatically it's not possible and also not very worthwhile. Tiny deserted islands without vegetation or beach to be reached over a rough sea. I read somewhere here that a dive operator has started on Condao so they might be able to organize something.

Reading your post I wonder whether you understand (I could easily be wrong) the true beauty of this island group. Don't go to this island group for the resort, tropical island feel or excursions. You will be heavily disappointed and there are much better alternatives in Thailand or Vietnam.
    Con Dao is about rough seas, wind, unspoilt natural beauty, little bit of history and end-of-the-world remoteness. Truly getting away from everything and you take the lousy service and food for granted. It even makes the destination more attractive in my opinion.

#2 Posted: 14/2/2011 - 14:53

• Soc_viettrip

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

you can travel Con dao by boat or plane. By boat you must go to Vung tau (a small city far from HCMC 120km), it takes 12 hour, start at 5:00 pm arrive at Con Dao 5:00 AM. ticket: from 200k to 300k depend on kind of boat. By Plane: start at tan Son nhat airport (HCMC): ticket nearly 2 milion vnd for 2 ways. You can fight at: 5:55 am, 9:40am, 12:00pm. Along the beach there some hotels or resorts. Con dao resort is good choice. Boat to bay canh or other isl. is easy to book or buy ticket. In Con dao: enjoy sea, sea food, air...

#3 Posted: 7/3/2011 - 11:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.