Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Visa

• ltran

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2011

Hey,

I'm leaving to Southeast Asia early May for 6 weeks. I'm entering at Ho Chi Minh City and was planning to travel by bus to Cambodia, will I need to apply for a Cambodian Visa? Also, would I apply for a multi-entry Vietnamese Visa if I tend to enter again?

Linda

#1 Posted: 18/2/2011 - 09:05

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

You can get the Cambodia visa on arrival when you arrive by bus. Cost is approx USD$20 (or was it $25? - I forget!)

Not sure about multi-entry visas for Vietnam. Search for the Vietnam embassy in your country to have a look to see if they are available. Otherwise, you will have to apply for two.

#2 Posted: 18/2/2011 - 12:49

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

It would help if you stated your nationality.
    If you intend to enter Vietnam twice then yes, the easiest way and usually cheapest is a multi-entry visa. But issuing of all visas is subject to your nationality. Some countries cannot get them at all or have conditions attached. Others, no problem at all. I would check up on the visa situation before booking flights etc.

#3 Posted: 18/2/2011 - 14:35

• kptn82

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2007

Assuming you are non-South east Asian because I believe there is a treaty between these nations, where you can travel without the rquirement of a visa then

yes you need a visa to get into Cambodia, its $20USD and you can get it at the border

yes you will need a multi entry visa to return to Vietnam.

There is a 5 years visa you can apply for if you or your partner was born in VN and have a copy of your 'birth certificate'

#4 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 13:29

• emily01

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2011

It cost me $110 AUD to get a multi entry Vietnam visa for 32 days, I'm from Australia.

#5 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 16:08

• kptn82

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2007

emily01, are you australian or vietnamese born?

the Vietnamese visa have different prices, not nice I know but yeah, i got my 5yrs multi entry for $70.

#6 Posted: 23/2/2011 - 08:00

• richmanrunn-
    ing1

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2011

Don't need to apply for Cambodian visa in advance as you can do it upon arrival with the stamp fee of US$20.

If you plan to enter Vietnam again, you have to apply for a multi entry visa. I think it is cheaper to obtain a visa upon arrival at its international airports. All you need is to arrange a pre-approval letter before you leave.

Cheers.

#7 Posted: 23/2/2011 - 13:55

• emily01

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2011

I'm Australian.

#8 Posted: 23/2/2011 - 15:40

• ltran

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2011

Thanks for everyone's reply!

#9 Posted: 24/2/2011 - 03:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.