Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Asia deluxe cruise - Anyone out there who did it?

Posted by romana on 22/2/2011 at 12:54

Posted from within Vietnam.

I've been offered a 3D2N for Asia deluxe cruise - one night on the boat and one in the Monkey Island resort (offer was made by a Sihn Cafe in Bat Dan St - Hotel Memory).
The price is very good - 90$ - and from my research is more or less what other travellers have paid.
However, I can't find any recent reviews and I was wondering if anyone has done this cruise recently and can share experiences with me.
After the recent tragedy in Halong I'm concerned, but on the other hand I think it's probably the safest time to do it as it seems all boats have been inspected recently.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

#1 romana has been a member since 2/1/2011. Location: Portugal. Posts: 2
 Website 

Posted by svendj on 22/2/2011 at 18:18

I didn't do it with sinh café though but I did the 3d2n trip as well with another company (don't know the name but it was the most expensive around as I wanted to have a good trip).
Amazing 3 days in halong it were: nice trip on the boat. 2 times 7 course meals.
7 course meals + buffet meals around at the hotel in cat ba. a room of approx 50m² (maybe even bigger cause I remember playing with the frisbee in our room), a big sort of jacuzzi bath tub and stuff. all amazing. though I paid more then you did.

From the people I met in hanoi who did the trip with Sinh Café they most of time liked it a lot for the price they paid so I think you should be fine with it!

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Where has svendj been? 

Posted by romana on 22/2/2011 at 18:27

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks svendj. There are so many choices it's hard to make a decision.

#3 romana has been a member since 2/1/2011. Location: Portugal. Posts: 2
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.