Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

How do we get to Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city (Vietnam)

Posted by soccersimo on 29/12/2006 at 14:28

We are looking to get from
Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam

basically it is from the south to the north. We really don't want to get a train, our preferred route is by flight.
Hs anyone any help on which is the best way up?

air asia do not other the option., does any other company other it?

And what about boat?

Thanks

MARK

#1 soccersimo has been a member since 28/12/2006. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/12/2006 at 19:49 admin

Hi Mark,

There's multiple flights a day between hanoi and saigon with Vietnam Airlines and Pacific Airways (both Vietnamese airlines). No other carrier to my knowledge flies the route.

No boat does the trip.

Train and bus both take about two days.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mattiasf on 9/1/2007 at 14:19

if you are not stopping on the way, flying Vietnam Airlines is the best.. not too expensive but its not cheap either! you dont want to sit on a bus for 2 days in Vietnam, believe me! You could book a Soft Sleeper train ticket but thats as slow as bus but it is more comfortable :) (am i the only one sleeping really really well on trains?)

#3 mattiasf has been a member since 9/1/2007. Posts: 1
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.