Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Stamping Fee

• pattytbrc

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2011

I have read posts stating that there is a stamping fee to enter Vietnam. I will be entering through Hanoi airport. What I can not determine is whether the stamping fee has to be paid in dollars or is it acceptable to pay in dongs. Any information would greatly appreciated.

#1 Posted: 2/3/2011 - 19:25

• Advertisement

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Presumably you are entering using a Visa on Arrival. In HCMC, they accept $USD, Euros or Dongs. I'd assume the same up North. It's $25 USD for a one month/single entry.
    If you are entering with an embassy issued visa already in your passport, no stamping fee is payable.

#2 Posted: 3/3/2011 - 23:54

• pattytbrc

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2011

I will be entering with a Visa on Arrival. Thank you for the information regarding the stamping fee.

#3 Posted: 5/3/2011 - 21:13

• stelcy

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2011

I want to apply for Visa on Arrival entering HCMC Airport. However, I will arrive the Airport pretty late, at around 10.30pm.

Will the counter processing the Approval Letter still be open? I read other forums saying that the Approval Letter is processed by another counter different to the immigration clearance.

Thanks.

#4 Posted: 10/3/2011 - 14:49

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Same hall, just a different counter. After you pick up your visa, you then go through immigration control in the normal way. The VOA counter (over to the far left when you enter immigration) is always open as long as flights land.
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293921-i8432-k4034347-All_questions_about_Visa_on_Arrival_VOA_please_read_here-Vietnam.html might help.

#5 Posted: 16/3/2011 - 17:19

• conandoll

Joined Travelfish
    22nd November, 2013

Dear my friend, to get Vietnam visa at any Vietnam international airport, you are required to pay a fee name stamping fee. This fee is USD 45 for single entry/person, USD 65 for multiple entry of no more than 29 days, and USD 95/person for multiple entry of more than 29 days and less than 90 days.

#6 Posted: 22/11/2013 - 02:13

• jenylee

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2013

you should pay this fee in dollar at check in point at Noi Bai airport ( Ha Noi)

#7 Posted: 25/11/2013 - 20:43

• tommyvtt0201

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2013

You could pay in VND. It's surely accepted.

#8 Posted: 27/11/2013 - 02:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.