Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Air Fare Question

• LynneVermont

Joined Travelfish
    6th February, 2011

I'm planning a trip to Vietnam this summer (mid-June through mid-August) and trying to find the best air fare (family of four so it adds up fast). It looks like right now the best price is between $1600 - $1700. Does this sound right? Do prices typically drop as you move closer to the travel dates or are increases more typical? I realize this changes all the time based on fuel prices, but I want to get a sense as to whether the price I'm being quoted is reasonable. Also, anyone know of any good consolidators out there? I'm having a hard time finding anything other than online sites that redirect me to Kayak, Expedia, Priceline, etc. Thanks so much!

#1 Posted: 6/3/2011 - 23:14

• Advertisement

• NYTim

Joined Travelfish
    11th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

The prices have almost doubled from last year. Unless the plane is empty, the prices will only continue to rise. They China Air lines or any other Asian airline. I flew to Vietnam last year for $750 on Korean air from JFK. Tat same flight is now $1800

#2 Posted: 7/3/2011 - 01:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.