Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hue/Hoi An versus HCMC?

• raygo

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2011

I only have enough time on my itinerary to visit either Hue/Hoi An OR Ho Chi Min City. I will have time to explore Hanoi and Angkor Wat and even a day in Phnom Penh. However, I just can't fit in BOTH the other two. I was told that we would get a feel for the Mekong Delta in a lake near Angkor Wat. I don't know if there is a substitute for the Chu Ci tunnels somewhere else? If we went to Hue/Hoi An, then we would just fly to HCMC and then directly to Siem Reap without staying in Saigon at all.

Which deserves our attention on this itinerary? Maybe we'll see the rest another time.

Much thanks in advance for your assistance.

#1 Posted: 7/3/2011 - 04:21

• Advertisement

• Soc_viettrip

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

i dont know how many days you have for this trip? first, you will explore Ha Noi, then you can fly to Hue/Hoi An, if you want to visit Cu Chi tunel, you must stay in HCMC for 1 night. after that you can go to Seamreap by bus (start from HCMC) or by filght."a lake near Angkor " is called TonLeSap. it is a very big lake far about 10km from the center of SeamReap. But you should stay in SR, dont stay at the lake, i think it not safe. If you have the time clearly. i can help you the shedule. Best wishes my friend

#2 Posted: 7/3/2011 - 09:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.