Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

How many days will it take on motorbike from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi?

Posted by sel206 on 10/3/2011 at 14:40

How long will this take if I take the route through the central highlands? Like if I take routes 14 and 15 all the way north, or nearby routes? Basically anything but route 1. Does anyone have any experience traveling from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi on motorbike?

#1 sel206 has been a member since 10/3/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by octopus29 on 10/3/2011 at 19:26

Hi
i did the trip last month. it took me 14 days. dont take the highway 1. dangerous. u should follow the coast.

14 days already included stopping by some nice places. i stopped at Mui Ne 4 nites, Hoi An 2 nites, Dong Hoi 2 nites. if u dont want to spend more than 1 nite at any place then it must be shorter. u could be in Hanoi within a week. theres a new road from Da Lat to Nha Trang which is 100km shorter than the old one. the view from the hills and the mountain passes are awesome. i enjoyed them very much. be careful with trucks and buses.
if ur male then might be u enjoy having a dirt bike or so. in case ur female, i suggest u take the Honda Win 100. Vietnam traffic is for ppl have experience with the bike though.

U can email me for further questions: bachtuoc29@yahoo.com. It took me 10 mins to log in here since they said the connection is a bit slow down coz the cable across the bottom of the ocean broken.
Hope this helps

Cheers

#2 octopus29 has been a member since 20/2/2011. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.