Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

How many days will it take on motorbike from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi?

• sel206

Joined Travelfish
    10th March, 2011

How long will this take if I take the route through the central highlands? Like if I take routes 14 and 15 all the way north, or nearby routes? Basically anything but route 1. Does anyone have any experience traveling from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi on motorbike?

#1 Posted: 10/3/2011 - 14:40

• Advertisement

• octopus29

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2011

Hi
    i did the trip last month. it took me 14 days. dont take the highway 1. dangerous. u should follow the coast.

14 days already included stopping by some nice places. i stopped at Mui Ne 4 nites, Hoi An 2 nites, Dong Hoi 2 nites. if u dont want to spend more than 1 nite at any place then it must be shorter. u could be in Hanoi within a week. theres a new road from Da Lat to Nha Trang which is 100km shorter than the old one. the view from the hills and the mountain passes are awesome. i enjoyed them very much. be careful with trucks and buses.
    if ur male then might be u enjoy having a dirt bike or so. in case ur female, i suggest u take the Honda Win 100. Vietnam traffic is for ppl have experience with the bike though.

U can email me for further questions: bachtuoc29@yahoo.com. It took me 10 mins to log in here since they said the connection is a bit slow down coz the cable across the bottom of the ocean broken.
    Hope this helps

Cheers

#2 Posted: 10/3/2011 - 19:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ho Chi Minh motorbike trip to Hanoi ... By taavipl on 2 Oct 2012 0 1737 2 Oct 2012
Motorbike trip Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City ... By rich1 on 1 May 2014 1 485 7 May 2014
Can Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi be done in 12 days? ... By fwen on 5 Sep 2009 7 5347 6 Sep 2009
4 days: From Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh? Mekong or Da Lat? Head spinning. ... By chatham5 on 26 Oct 2011 0 2154 26 Oct 2011
Motorbike NW loop then hanoi to hcmc in 28 days? ... By shing on 11 Aug 2011 5 3622 26 Aug 2011