Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Is it raining everywhere in Vietnam??

• destroyinga-
    ngel

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011

Can anyone currently in Vietnam offer hope that the weather will clear by the end of this month/early April? We were looking forward to leaving the Oregon rain behind and enjoying some sunshine . . . was this naive?

#1 Posted: 13/3/2011 - 03:08

• Advertisement

• vothai2000

Joined Travelfish
    11th February, 2011

The weather in Sai Gon seems normal, some sunny days sprinkled with a few rainy days. I get my weather reports from Accuweather.com. If you have a smartphone you can put the weather as a widget on your phone and check it out everyday.

#2 Posted: 13/3/2011 - 21:53

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

The weather in Hanoi is particularly miserable at the moment. It wasn't like this last year. So I'm hopeful it will brighten up soon! That said, the forecast is showing rain but it hasn't rained for a few days and was actually quite lovely yesterday. The south should be fine at this time of year - we were in Saigon and Mui Ne a month ago and it was fantastic. The forecast shows rain at the moment in Saigon but that won't be all day everyday, just occasional downpours - and it's still stinking hot there! So don't be despondent!

#3 Posted: 14/3/2011 - 14:23

• duong

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2010

Actually, this month and Apr offer the nice weather in the North & Center of Vietnam with not much rain and cool. However, this time will fall down the dry season in the South of Vietnam sothat it is quite warm with the average around 25 - 35 Degree Celsius.

The summer in the North of Vietnam will drop into May - July every year thus I hope you will be fine to travel this time.

For your more information, you should check out with this link: http://www.nchmf.gov.vn/web/en-US/43/Default.aspx.

Cheer,

#4 Posted: 14/3/2011 - 15:51

• destroyinga-
    ngel

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011

Thanks, everyone. It sounds like spring weather in Vietnam is as variable and unpredictable as anywhere. We're excited about our trip, though, and we'll be happy to be there no matter how the weather turns out!

#5 Posted: 15/3/2011 - 06:42

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Add some rain the other week (about 5 hours worth - bit of flooding around) but generally most days are sunny, hot, dry and humid in HCMC.
    Since January, I could probably count the number of days that we actually had some rain on by just using one hand . Very little indeed.

#6 Posted: 16/3/2011 - 17:12

• destroyinga-
    ngel

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011

Perhaps we should have planned to fly into HCMC - the Accuweather forecast for Hanoi is cool and rainy, followed by warmer and rainy. With flooding in the central area, of course. . . .

#7 Posted: 16/3/2011 - 22:57

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

#8 Posted: 17/3/2011 - 08:10

• thatvaletguy

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2010

I'm in Hanoi and the weather is miserable! Rained ALL day today, seems like the rain hasn't quit in 3 days now. Headed to Halong Bay tomorrow, hoping the weather will clear up ::crosses fingers::

BUT...!

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The rain gave the war museum a nice eerie feel to it as I went today. =)

#9 Posted: 17/3/2011 - 17:51

• C

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2011

YES! its ****.. We are in Hoi An. Supposed to warm up for the next three days... Snow in Sapa (15cm)..

sunsetsandhandbags.wordpress.com

#10 Posted: 17/3/2011 - 20:30

• Advertisement

• geckobob

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2011

I agree with you thatvaletguy i was also at the war museum today and the rubbish weather did actually add to the atmosphere !

The forcast seems to be a little brighter for Sapa and Halong Bay, i hope so any way.

#11 Posted: 17/3/2011 - 23:47

• destroyinga-
    ngel

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011

So we should keep our chins up and be confident we'll love Vietnam even if the rain never stops?

#12 Posted: 18/3/2011 - 13:44

• adro48itly

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2009

I was also in Mui Ne about a month ago and I got carelessly roasted, so take plenty of sunscreen, although I don't know what the weather's doing there now.
    I haven't got that far again yet, as I'm re-living my V experience in blog posts.
    Its' at http://vietnamtrails.wordpress.com

#13 Posted: 18/3/2011 - 18:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.